Wednesday, 5 June 2013

The Simply Be "Blogger Takeover" Dress Launch.

 photo BoombandsEm_BloggerTakeover_SimplyBe_003_zpsdb8638c9.jpg

Without saying too much, I just wanted to post quickly to say that the Dress Launch for Lauren, Laura and myself took place today in Manchester thanks to our WONDERFUL collaborators at Simply Be. This has been such an incredible process (read more about it HERE). I feel exhausted, happy, overwhelmed and proud right now.

 photo BoombandsEm_BloggerTakeover_SimplyBe_002_zpsc3aff7e9.jpg

My blog has been going for nearly FOUR years now... 

For me, over the last four years, it's been exciting getting to know my readers, as well as establish friendships and relationships with bloggers and brands. 


And YOU. 

My wonderful readers, have enabled me to have this opportunity. 


 photo BoombandsEm_BloggerTakeover_SimplyBe_005_zpsa61433f6.jpg

The dresses are due to go on sale on June 14th and should be available at ALL Simply Be sites. The price point is £45.00.

You've all seen my favourite photo of myself from the "Official Shoot"


 photo BoombandsEm_BloggerTakeover_SimplyBe_001_zpsd4281949.jpg

And here you can see some photos from today...

Lauren's Ice-cream Dress!

 photo BoombandsEm_BloggerTakeover_SimplyBe_008_zps1a2c3202.jpg

Laura's Coral Dream!

 photo BoombandsEm_BloggerTakeover_SimplyBe_009_zps0349179d.jpg

And my Peacock Smash:

 photo BoombandsEm_BloggerTakeover_SimplyBe_007_zpsa12f265d.jpg

Thank you to everyone who's supported my blog over the years. I feel exhausted now, but also REALLY happy.

I want to send a lot of love to all the bloggers who came today, and also all the people on my Facebook and Twitter for supporting us from afar.

This has been a great experience.

Also. I want to send loads of love to George, who didn't quite make it the whole way as she became a SWAN instead, but was there as we started.

Finally. Again. The Simply Be team. What an amazing group of people.

 photo BoombandsEm_BloggerTakeover_SimplyBe_010_zpsf8bd3b51.jpg
Charlotte, Ross, Mark, Natalie... Also - I MUST mention someone absent from this pic. HANNAH! xxx.


Now. Watch out for your next Simply Be Catalogue, won't you?

You NEVER KNOW who might be smiling out at you...



  1. I am so excited and cannot wait to get my hands on "your" dress. You deserve this moment so much for all the wonderful things you do to inspire us,you and the many other plus sized bloggers give a voice to what us larger woman want. Keep shouting girl.

    Caroline xxxxx

  2. I only entered into the plus size blogging world about a year ago. Back then I had no confidence and was hoping for some inspiration. I found it in the psbloggers network of people and particularly blogs like yours. It gave the courage to post outfits on my own blog and gain confidence in myself. This new collaboration with SimplyBe is fantastic and I look forward to what happens from here, and will be buying your dress!

    Vicky xx

  3. This is so amazing! I've loved you right from the start of your blogging days, and am so happy for you that you got to do this! You look beautiful, and the finished dress looks perfect on you. You've done so well with the design, and it's lovely the thought that you have put in to the design, not just going for what you would personally want, but considering the desires of other women too. I don't normally do dresses, but can't wait to try this one! I pray that it will look half as good on me as it does on you!
    Never give up blogging Em, you've touched so many people and I always look forward to your posts and seeing your pretty pictures xxx

  4. Your dress is totally amazing! Well done. x x

  5. Such a wonderful day, was so glad to have been there to share in the joy. Watching the journey of the dresses has been lovely, it somehow makes them even more beautiful. You were one of the first bloggers I started reading and your posts always made me think. As someone that through their blogging has helped me embrace my own loveliness, I am overjoyed that you've had this opportunity to receive such praise from are truly an inspiration. Ok, going now before I make others throw up!

  6. The dresses are really beautiful , congratulation girls!!

  7. Your dress is definitely my favourite!

  8. Well done and I know I said this in your original post but I think it's wonderful bloggers and especially plus-size bloggers are getting recognition and opportunities like this, it's great : )

  9. Love your dress, I would totally wear it! Congrats you look very lovely!


Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x