Friday, 19 April 2013

The Carnegie Dress by Project/D London: 5-Take Review

 photo BoombandsEm_ProjectD_PlusSize_CarnegieDress_17_zps89ffdddf.jpg

While I was out in Australia, I was given the amazing opportunity to enter a 5-Take blog review of one of the Project/D London dresses via Simply Be. With  Amy, Georgina, Lauren and Wendy we came to the conclusion, we'd like to all look at the Carnegie Dress - but in a great twist on a 5-Take style review - we were able to select our preferred colour in the dress - Ivory or Black. Obviously, I selected Black, as did Wendy... The other girls though? They're rocking Ivory. How cool is that? It means you get five different interpretations/impressions of the same dress in two different colours. I think that's totally clever!

 photo BoombandsEm_ProjectD_PlusSize_CarnegieDress_18_zpsa1891cd5.jpg

So. When I selected this dress I had ideas on how I'd style it... Mostly, I wanted to rock the Broderie Anglaise and femininity of the dress with leather and studs. However, when I actually put the dress on - I wanted to keep styling very simple. This is a beautiful dress and the detailing across the neckline and hem - speaks volumes.

 photo BoombandsEm_ProjectD_PlusSize_CarnegieDress_06_zps9b10e716.jpg

The dress is lined, has shirring through the back and slightly flares from the low waist. I paired the Carnegie Dress with a floral "skinny" belt (for colour), and then kept my jewellery simple - a puzzle piece necklace and vintage style hairclip...

 photo BoombandsEm_ProjectD_PlusSize_CarnegieDress_13_zpsb5db2214.jpg

 photo BoombandsEm_ProjectD_PlusSize_CarnegieDress_14_zps7d60e778.jpg

This dress would be perfect for a Summer picnic, date night or friendly dinner "al fresco". Before I decided on my "look" for this post, I did try the dress with stockings and a blazer, but for my taste and the general elegance of the dress, I wanted to keep things simple... (Mind you, I didn't have my green cropped leather jacket with me when I took my pictures (seen in THIS post), but I'd be curious to try it with that too!).

 photo BoombandsEm_ProjectD_PlusSize_CarnegieDress_04_zpse231a52c.jpg

This garment is just so lovely. I really feel that Project/D London has created a veritable "Princess" dress that feels amazing from the MOMENT you put it on! I really like this dress and am excited to see how the other girls style it - I reckon the Black Carnegie could also look amazing with a BRIGHT blazer or cardigan and perhaps an overt floral headband...


Here are direct links to the other girls' reviews!

Wendy: 52-46-54.
Georgina: Cupcake's Clothes.

xxx

15 comments:

  1. Oh my god, this dress is absolute perfection on you.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you. The dress is pretty amazing. Like, some sort of Summer Whimsy. I love it. x.

      Delete
  2. What a stunning dress! Beautiful, I think I may have to save up for this one (not sure I can justify £90 at the moment....)

    Out of interest Em, when is your lovely peacock print dress likely to be available at Simply Be, I can't wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Peacock Dress will be available from June. We launch the campaign in May though... ARGH!!! Crazy! x. (Also - exciting, obviously! x.)

      Delete
  3. You look totally hot, babe! As always. Love how you styled the dress. Hope Australia was wonderful in every way. Love you! Mwuah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anika <3
      Australia was amazing. Love you too. x.

      Delete
  4. Is it creepy if I comment on how good your boobs look in the dress? Hahaha. You look lovely Em x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept commenting while I was wearing it, so I think it's all good! x.

      Delete
  5. This is a totally amazing "I want" dress but at coming in at 150 euro.. not sure. Em, do you think it is a worth the money dress, that will wash and wear well? Love it and could see myself wearing it to a few events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Is the exchange rate £90 = €150? That seems QUITE a leap.
      I think this dress is really well made, and following care instructions it would wash and wear well - but I don't think it's worth £128 which is what that (€150) comes out to on today's exchange rate.
      What a harsh exchange.

      Delete
  6. You look awesome in this dress, It's so pretty isn't it! Loving the vintage hair clip too,
    w x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! The hair clip is my new favourite accessory! x.

      Delete
  7. love the dress, but totally love the necklace...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For my Mr. Darcy. He has one that says "Em.". It was cut from an old silver coin and the pieces interconnect...
      AWWWWW!
      xxx.

      Delete
  8. Just found your blog, You style and looks amazing me (so jelly)I'm in love with this dress/look. You rock it girly. #lookingfab xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x