Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Purple + Hearts = LOVE.

Photobucket

At the end of last year, the amazing folks at Igigi by Yuliya Raquel got in touch about my trying one of their garments. For me, Igigi has always been a brand I've coveted and when I was doing my Bridal posts early in 2012, it was a brand that stuck out as selling high quality Bridal gowns aimed at Plus Size women. There aren't many such brands that include "Bridal" as part of their everyday range - so that alone, was impressive. 

Photobucket
For me to try, I ordered the Jane Vintage Plus Size Dress in Violet. Firstly - you can see - HOT. And WHAT a fit. This is the 18/20 and it was perfect (make sure you follow the size chart when you order as it is BANG-on). I decided to try the Jane for a couple of reasons. Firstly - I wanted to try something different from my usual style. I am sure (by now) many of you can tell the types of clothes I love and am attracted to - Never a cowl neck though. Not really - I don't know why - I just usually stay away from them. BUT - when I try a new brand, I like to try new possibilities for my style - so I wanted this dress, for the neckline. Also? The pattern. I actually adore how the pattern fans out - becomes more sparse and actually figures (shape wise) into love hearts. I mean, what a lovely feature. 

Photobucket

Apart from the bang-on fit, this dress is also really wonderfully made and I can feel the care taken to ensure it works with curves. This dress has ROOM for my 38H chest and while you can see a little pull in the bust - this is actually completely superficial (but may not be to everyone's taste). This dress FIT my waist without clinging to me - and the skirt - fell over my high hip to make me feel and look really feminine. For anyone wanting to feel sexy - but who isn't into body-con or super floaty numbers - this is a great cut for skimming curves. 

Photobucket

The dress is lined, fabrics feel soft and the skirted area is a wee bit sheer adding to the appeal of the dress. I really like it and really LOVE the quality. 

Also. How frigging rad is purple? Best colour ever.


Smooch. Em. x.

PS - Igigi is having a sale at the moment...!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutley love Igigi, can't afford them, but love them none the less! This dress is gorgeous on you. The colour really suits you and the hearts are super cute x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with the print on the skirt section, it's beautiful the way it fans out, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and boho-hippy-like, also a pretty color for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x