Friday, 7 December 2012

Ruby Rocking some Christmas Shopping.

Photobucket

So, like everyone else I have LOADS of shopping to do at the moment. With work - I have very little time socially so when I do head out, I want to look and feel amazing; ESPECIALLY on days with Mr. Darcy... I want to FEEL like a princess. YAY for Simply Be! Someone from the team invited me to try one of their dresses for Christmas and I decided to go for this amazing Ruby Rocks number (currently on sale!).

Photobucket

The fabric on this dress is lush and soft, I love the balloon sleeves (with a banded wrist) and the opening at the front is a cute, interesting feature. The shape in this dress comes purely from the cut with the back of the garment having a slight elastic banding at the waist, that allows for movement and also stretch - I really like this roominess in it.

Photobucket

Apart from looking cool in hot dresses, one of my favourite things about Christmas is window displays... And I'm not talking posh "Harrods style" ones, but rather the interesting ones full of gift ideas and hidden treats...

Photobucket

I seriously love them. As I count down the days to Christmas - I have just THREE days off before the big day. Whirlwindy! How is your Christmas shopping going? HA! I bet some of you were done months ago!

Photobucket

As for me, on my days off - there will be some shopping done... BUT those days will also be combined with "Date Nights" - so I want to look and (most importantly) feel like a million bucks. I may not be going to many parties this Christmas Season - but thanks to Simply Be, this is my first Ruby Rocks Dress and I certainly feel like a million bucks!

Photobucket

Oh, and one of my absolute other FAVOURITE things about one of the stores I went into last week? Complimentary MACAROONS at the till. SERIOUSLY. I went for pink! Nommy.

Photobucket

xxx.

6 comments:

  1. Such a cute dress.:)
    Also love the more interesting windows as you said. They immediately put you in a Christmas mood.:)
    Hope I get to try macaroons soon. I must be the only person on the planet that hasn't tried them yet.
    Love,
    Diana from http://thegirlwhocouldntbeafashionista.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Macaroons are beyond delicious! Do it!! x.

      Delete
  2. Oh! That dress looks great, I love the pattern, it's so different. Looking at in on the site, I would have just scrolled right past, but I really love it after seeing it on you.

    Simply Be need to start shipping to Oz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie - I am so needy for a store in London. I wouldn't do without it (online) now - so completely understand how you'd want it in Oz. x.

      Delete
  3. Hi Em I have never commented before but just wanted to say how much I enjoy your positive blogs. You have great taste and style. Reading your updates cheers me up as you always look so great. Gail.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x