Tuesday, 13 November 2012

The Anna Scholz Dress I've COVETED!

Photobucket

When the latest Anna Scholz Collections were released, I went absolutely GAGA for this White Label Double Silk Back Cut-Out Dress. The dynamic double print, the gorgeous feminine shape and the idea of SILK all made me absolutely SWOON. This, (for me) was THE dress of the White Label Collection.

Photobucket

I seriously LOVE this dress. The execution seems so simple - but it's absolutely bang-on. The first thing the got me? The Dandelion print of the skirt. I was like - WHOA and then all of a sudden, I got distracted by the Galaxy print at the top of the dress... I loved (and still love) the contrast between the busy nature of the top - versus the more scattered print below. To be honest - the photo directly above this text is one of the most NATURAL photos of myself I think I've  ever captured for the blog - I just felt so RIGHT in this dress. I look at the above picture and know that's EXACTLY what I look like day to day. Dare, I say - a perfect dress for a GREAT, natural shot.

Photobucket

The dress ran to just under my knee (I'm 5'5) and is nipped at the waist to offer definition. The top is comfortable for my lovely roundy breasts (38H) and I love how the skirt falls freely from me hip, but also tulips in a wee bit. This dress, with room + shape = LOVE.

Photobucket
Now - for all those ladies, who DON'T love a cap sleeve - or indeed, might find this a little breezy in Winter - I've tried it with a simple black blazer - just to show how great it looks under a jacket. 

And you know what? This isn't even a good jacket - BUT IT WORKS. 

BOOM!

I might add here that the silk of this dress is light and soft. It feels beautiful on the skin and to be honest - I think the best adjective for it is SUBLIME, it really is just so lovely. 

Before I finish up, something else I love about this dress is its versatility. The thing is, while this dress is being sold as part of the Anna Scholz White Label Collection for AW12 - it will also be absolutely STUNNING as something to dress up and wear in Summer.  Seriously. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. 

I'm wearing a size 20 in these shots and paired the dress with tights, LONG boots and simple jewellery... I think I've made it clear how much I adore this. Gosh, I adored it the moment when I first saw it come online!

You know - I sometimes hear women through Facebook or Twitter lament plus-size fashion or say they can't find anything to make them feel beautiful and SPECIAL. And like those women, I know it can sometimes be really hard to find those "perfect" outfits and pieces. Well, THIS is one of those dresses for me. This dress looks great, but really, for me this dress is special because of how it makes me feel. When I was doing the shots - my Mr. Darcy thought I looked most "gorgeous" in the Purple and Black textured dress featured in my last post... And I agree, that dress is SLAMMING - but for me, THIS Galaxy/Dandelion Print Dress made me feel pretty, feminine, sexy and confident all at once. I felt giddy in this dress - like I was a little girl dressed up to play princess. MAGIC. 

I always say on this blog that Anna really knows how to design clothes for our curves - and with this dress - I've fallen in love with her fashion all over again. It happens EVERY season...  Just WOW, really.


Em. x.

(This dress was sent to me to try and once the photos were done - went straight back to the Anna Scholz Studio. I was VERY tempted just to claim I'd lost it... SIGH!).

11 comments:

  1. I see why this is THE dress, you look stunning. The colours and the print are amazing, you must get this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I find a dress like this - I covet it for ages before taking the plunge. I know I would wear it, but wonder if I'd just worship it in my closet too. I love this one! x.

      Delete
  2. You are "magic" in whatever you wear. I have to say that I really love the galaxy print but I am not so sure about the dandelion print but that galaxy print captivates me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love. The print is amazing. And interesting. For me, with this dress - it was the prints that hooked me in! x.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely loving this dress! You just introduced me to a new designer that I will be checking out! Love how you paired the dress too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my favourite designer Janae! Enjoy!!

      Delete
  4. Thank you yet again for another enthusiastic lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  5. xxx. Thank you for always making such beautiful clothes. xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi That is a really pretty dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Em, you do look gorgeous in this dress! I pair all my Anna Scholz sleeveless dresses with a blazer because I do not feel confident about my arms and because the dresses are so beautiful and well cut they go well with even my cheapest ebay second hand finds! My only negative is the price. I do wish that Anna and Simply Be would offer one or two high end fabrics and designs each season so I could by them on tick!

    Keep posting!

    Car2964

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress just went to 50% off at Saks and I ordered it today! I came back to your post to see the pics. I loved it too from the moment I saw it online. Can't wait to get it later this week!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x