Sunday, 18 November 2012

Body Con & Oversize with Anna Scholz!

Photobucket

A little Body Con...

By now, you guys all know that I like a little Body Con in my life. I KNOW it's not for everyone, but for me, it can really work. It took me a while to embrace body hugging clothing and for me, fashion wise, Body Con is one of the strongest fashions I've found since moving to the UK. The clothing I wore in Australia was always really fabulous, but because of the heat, I always erred towards dresses that were fitted in the bust and then flowy from the empire line. The UK has different street fashion and Body Con is really something I've only embraced since arriving. If I'm really honest, I do still have days where I look at myself and think - this dress MIGHT be too tight - and then I realise that's a bad confidence day. I buy clothes that fit - not clothes that are too tight - so I have to remember I'm wearing BODY CON - so keeping it fitted is KEY...


Photobucket

I LOVE this latest Black Label Digital Jersey Dress by Anna Scholz. This is a gorgeous dress in Anna's luxurious jersey and I think it's amazing. I've gone for a completely Body Con look (this is a 20) - but I could easily have sized up to the 22 for a really beautiful, slinky look that STILL would have held my curves and defined my shape. You can see from the photo, that the front of the dress has amazing seaming and lots of great fabric for across the body pleating which helps define my curves, while also smoothing out any body bumps across my belly and hips. As ever - Anna nails the silhouette and I look completely BANGING in this dress. To be honest - this one's a real confidence booster for me and with long work hours and a serious lack of sleep weighing a little heavy at the moment - a confidence boost is something I could do with right now! 

Other aspects of this dress I love? The 3/4 sleeves, neck line and length - all round this out as an stunning piece from the current collection. And as for the print? Wow. I kind of love how this is a dark print for Autumn and Winter - but also combines a pale yellow and some orange. Anna has called this her forest print - but to me, it's reminiscent of abstract art; I see paint that's been thrown on a canvas, and I just happen to be able to wear that canvas on my body. HOT.

A little Oversize...

Lately I've started to embrace another trend which is really new for me. Oversize. You Ladies know I like structure and definition in my clothing - so in moving to Oversize - for me - the lack of body definition is certainly something I've had to be a little brave about. I liked the Oversize trend as it emerged during the last few years and always thought about trying to get involved - being honest though - a fear of LOSING my structure held me up. So I had to get over that. And honestly - I got over it by just moving to oversize, buying the clothing and trying it. I LOVE it. I love the movement, the bare hint of definition and the comfort of it. In oversize clothing, I feel like I can look really feminine without having to show of the roundiness of my curves. The roundiness of my curves is STILL present in oversize - just much more subtly. I know for some ladies, oversize will always be out. I talked to one of my close friends about it and she told me she couldn't wear it because it "makes her look bigger"... What I think is that oversize clothing doesn't actually make me look bigger (and to be honest who cares if it did - I'm big anyway!!), it just changes the definition of my shape. The shape is still there - just differently defined. 

Fashion is clever.



Photobucket

Whoa. THIS Tunic is amazing. I went for the 22 in this because I wanted the luxury, movement and room I knew it would afford me. I LOVE it. I also think I need to buy some clothing in GREEN because it's not a colour I own and Anna's made me realise it looks great. What a print! I think when this tunic came out online - LOTS of women caught their breath because of the vivid colour and stunning pattern combination. In real life, Ladies, this does not disappoint - it's like a genuine smash to the senses - a real punch of beauty.

Photobucket
This tunic has a really delicate, ethereal quality due to the supple nature of the Silk Crepe De Chine fabric. This tunic is light and beautiful and I can not emphasise enough how gorgeous this fabric is to look at, as well as feel on the skin. It's almost like wearing air because it is such a floaty dream.

Oh yes Ladies - this tunic is inspiring some sort of word poetry from me because it is JUST THAT WONDERFUL.

The length is good, hitting me mid-thigh and I like the neckline and loose sleeves. I LOVE the sleeves, they are light and airy with a wide hem. The drape on this top is spot-on and I feel effortlessly feminine in this. It gives a hint of curve while allowing for complete movement. It's also gorgeous.

Photobucket

Fashion is just amazing. I love that one designer can weave clothing magic by changing fabrics and silhouette. I love that from a high-end curvy designer we can enjoy and experience different fashions and shapes from within a current Collection. This clothing is beautiful and interesting and... It is made for us! Anna Scholz is having a 30% Flash Sale today - just use the code FLASH30 at checkout... BUT - if you come to this post MONDAY - why not use 1012NOV which will give you 10% off until the end of November. 

As to Body Con and Oversize, I'm well aware that these two types of shapes aren't for everyone - but you can see how they can BOTH work on the same form. I came to both Body Con and Oversize VERY late - but I've truly embraced them, maybe if you're a little hesitant, next time you're in a change room - give them a bash. They WOWed me. Everything in this post did!

Smooches, 

Em. x.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x