Saturday, 20 October 2012

In Floral for Frankenweenie!

Boombands Em wears City Chic

My lovely friends! I featured this look on the City Chic website this week and wanted to share it with you all too. My current film is bonkers busy, but I have some lovely things planned in the next few weeks. My latest look at the Anna Scholz Collection is in process at the moment (some of the photos were taken today!!) AND I'll look at some boots from Evans. Mental as things are, I am really happy at the moment - and I hope you all are too. x.

Last weekend in London, I was lucky to go along to the Cast and Crew Screening of Frankenweenie! I actually worked on the film last year for about four months and then again this year as we turned it over in 3D (a HUGE job)... To get to FINALLY see it on the big screen was really amazing and made me feel so proud! It was nice to catch up with the rest of the crew too; in my industry  (because we all work contracts) we don't all see each other that often, we work intensely for a matter of months and then separate  The outing was a real treat.

If you like stop motion animation - the film is lots of fun and in the same vein as Nightmare Before Christmas and The Corpse Bride. This film is close to my heart, as I think the story is really sweet - if you see it - like it or no, I would love to hear what you think!

Boombands Em wears City Chic
There's nothing like a Pair of 3D glasses to really JAZZ up an outfit... NOT!

To the screening (which really was both a work and social event), I needed to look good, but also - feel comfortable! I opted for one of my LOVELY fake leather jackets and accessorised with a necklace, black and red glitter nails and some 3D specs!

Boombands Em wears City Chic

As my date to the screening, I took my boyfriend, sister and another friend. It was a good day! As to the dress, well, the chiffon is light and the dress comes with an unattached slip (making it versatile - yay!!). I like the frills, which make the garment a floaty, floral dream and also appreciated the fabric tie and elasticised waist. Also... the COLOUR! Look at that amazing, rich print...

You all know I am mental for beautiful, bright prints... LOVE!

Big smooches, 

Em. x.

PS - If you wanna win some Frankenweenie goodness - head to Val's blog for her competition - now! 

4 comments:

  1. Jealous! lol I just did a post & giveaway about the movie, it looks so cute!
    You need to invite me to these events. Just kidding, ;)
    You look lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about you and Frankenweenie earlier as my daughter can't wait to go see it, and I remembered you saying that you worked on it ages ago!

    As always you look gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for your Anna Scholz Review! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guh, you look amazing and so happy! Hope you're well! xox

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x