Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Simply Be Bridal Collection... Evelyn & Grace Reviewed!

Boombands Em Wears the Simply Be Bridal Collection.

Earlier this year, I was wowed by many of you beautiful readers. You opened up to me about your weddings and in one of my favourite posts EVER - you let me share YOUR wedding pictures.

Recently, when Simply Be released their Bridal Collection - I asked you to select your favourite dress for me to try - well the clear winners were Evelyn and Grace - so here they are for you! BUT - before we get started, I just want to say one thing... The dresses came and felt like SPECIAL packages. They were in a box, wrapped in tissue, on hangars and in a plastic (dry clean style) bag. It FELT luxurious to receive these dresses - and considering the range is a High Street style option for bridal wear - averaging about £100 each - these dresses FELT like a proper princess treat!

Boombands Em Wears the Simply Be Bridal Collection.

For my part, I have tried these dresses and sent them back to Simply Be. HOPEFULLY - this will help any would-be brides or fiances to make a choice. Let me just say, I tried BOTH in a 22 which felt right for me. As I was trying the dresses for the blog only and then sending them back, they have not been pressed, but instead, accurately represent my first wear…

Boombands Em Wears the Simply Be Bridal Collection. This is The Wedding Dress "Evelyn".

The Peach "Evelyn" Wedding Dress. This is LOVELY and a beautiful choice for women who aren't too keen on white. I was sent a stole to try over this, but note there is a matching shawl/cardigan you could get - which would also be beautiful for arm coverage.

Boombands Em Wears the Simply Be Bridal Collection. This is The Wedding Dress "Evelyn".

The material has a really nice, heavy drape and is shaped to ride the curve of your body. As you can see, the wide straps EASILY hide my bra strap and V-plunge breast is lovely. In fact - the V can run deeper, but as I didn't have an appropriate bra to try this with (I was in Sandhurst and my plunge styles were back in London), I have left the V sitting quite high - it can EASILY be worn lower (for a little wedding WOOT WOO!). This was a perfect length for my 5'5" frame (with and without heels).

Boombands Em Wears the Simply Be Bridal Collection. This is The Wedding Dress "Evelyn".

I like the beading detail on this, as well as the line of the dress… This is a really pretty (and affordable!!) option for any future bride, also, because of the colour, this could easily double as a bridesmaid dress. Oh, I should add - the gorgeous structure of this dress means you feel taller in it and kind of wonderfully held. Really beautiful.

Boombands Em Wears the Simply Be Bridal Collection. This is The Wedding Dress "Evelyn".

The Simply Be Stole  I was sent to accessorise with, would be AMAZING for cooler weddings and parties into the evening. I feel quite attached to the stole, to be honest and wish I could yell, IT'S MINE, IT'S MINE!

Boombands Em Wears the Simply Be Bridal Collection. This is The Wedding Dress "Evelyn".

I love this. I felt really fancy in it too!!

The next dress I tried was the "Grace" Wedding Dress. Funny story. When you readers selected this dress, I was a little bit hesitant. MY wedding dress preference was the "Isabella" - so I hoped for that to come up - but you chose this.

Boombands Em Wears the Simply Be Bridal Collection. This is The Wedding Dress "Grace".

WOW Ladies - GREAT choice. I put this on, and FELT like a bride. I literally had a moment standing by myself in front of a mirror and thought - wow, I could get MARRIED in this. 

MARRIED. 

THAT's pretty powerful!

Boombands Em Wears the Simply Be Bridal Collection. This is The Wedding Dress "Grace".

This dress created a real "moment" for me as far as dresses are concerned... I LOVE this. The dress curves beautifully around the breast (which has some plastic boning to retain shape) and then floats from the high waist. There is a generous amount of fabric and a delicious centre drape that adds a sexy, subtle detail to the front. This dress is not heavily fitted - but gives a lovely and comfortable amount of room; it made me want to eat cake and do a Bridal Waltz, to be honest!!!

The feature sleeves are gorgeous and I also love the detailing across the breast… The whole look just SCREAMS bride to me. I've actually never tried a wedding dress before - but if I'd been trying an outfit for myself - THIS would be the one. It took Darcy's breath away too!

Boombands Em Wears the Simply Be Bridal Collection. This is The Wedding Dress "Grace".

The fabric is a little delicate and I would make sure you try this one with rounded nails as I feel any jagged claws COULD get caught in this one. I also found it a little longer than the Peach Dress (I am 5'5" and needed to wear heels to make it work). Ultimately though - sublime and stunning.

Boombands Em Wears the Simply Be Bridal Collection. This is The Wedding Dress "Grace".

Apart from these amazing dresses, Simply Be also sent me the Viva La Diva Peep Toe shoes to wear with the outfit, which they have let me keep. I didn't have light coloured shoes.

Boombands Em Wears the Simply Be Bridal Collection.

Now? Well, NOW that I have the shoes, I just need a dress to match… 

Don't I?

Oh, Mr, Darcy!!!

xxx


13 comments:

  1. really enjoyed this post. particularly the way you laid out your commentary for the second dress. it is beautiful and you look lovely in it.

    as for your last comment...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lurve! My fave? The fur... ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both beautiful and you look gorgeous. My personal favourite is the first one with the fur. Actually the style is very similar to the dress I wore 13 years ago on the 18th September which is probably why I like it best. I wish I could get married again now!! I think Simple Be have done a fabulous job with these dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove the second dress, it is absolutely perfect for you. You will look stunning. Beautiful. all the best and love, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. deffo prefer the 2nd dress, i think it looked more flattering too. i would need some sort of sparkle on it though! :) really enjoyed this post x

    xtiffyxx - reviews, opinions & life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! These were the two I wanted to see! Originally I liked the peach one better, but that creamy one with the frilly straps looks absolutely amazing on you. Super flattering and flowing and gorgeous. I wish they'd sent the capelet for you to try with the peach one. It looks great on the model, but I want to see it on other women. I have this fear that I'd look like a football player with giant shoulder pads with it on.

    Thank you for doing this review. I hope that it inspires some brides-to-be and gives them a better feel of if the Simply Be line might be a good fit for them. I also hope you had fun trying out the dresses and doing the photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would take both :D one for the ceremony and one for the reception :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah Mr Darcy! :P

    You look amazing! The second one 'looks' like a wedding dress, though I really do love the first one, I think the subtle colour difference is what gets me, I've never been a big wearer of white. You seriously look like you are glowing in these pictures, maybe because you are wearing a wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous - you always looks so beautiful and in these dresses you are even more so! The second one is my favourite and I really wish these had been around when I got married!

    If Darcy isn't blown away with the site of you in these, and doesn't present a beautfiul engagement ring now, then he must be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both very The Great Gatsby/Downton Abbey!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi from NZ, I just bought the Grace dress for my wedding via ebay. Gosh I wish Simply Be would ship Down Under!!! The Grace is long - I'm almost 5'10 and it's a good length on me. I do wish the Grace came with some kind of arm covering option too...
    You looked great in both. s

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x