Friday, 3 August 2012

Simply Be: Plus Size Wedding Dresses as part of their NEW Bridal Collection

A Plus Size Wedding Dress from the new Bridal Collection at Simply Be. For gorgeous, plus size brides and their curves.
Boombands Blog Dress One! Choose which ones I try on the site and comment below!

*Collection Launches TODAY!*

Earlier this year, many of you will recall I did a series of posts on options for Plus Size Brides. I listed a series of stores available for the curvy bride, here in the UK, and then also - THANKS to so many beautiful women - all over the world, I was able to share photos of some gorgeous, plus size brides. It was amazing. Indeed, for me, it was a series of posts that made my emotional heart leap and your responses were amazing. Those posts remain some of my most vistied posts ever.

A Plus Size Wedding Dress from the new Bridal Collection at Simply Be. For gorgeous, plus size brides and their curves.
Boombands Blog Dress Two! Choose which ones I try on the site and comment below!

Last week, when I read on Facebook that Simply Be would be launching a Plus Size Bridal Range, again, my heart leapt. Accessible Wedding Options for Curvy Brides ARE hard to come by - so the fact that Simply Be would not just consider - but LAUNCH a range - is amazing. And that's a fact. In the last year - Simply Be has launched stores, extended sizes (for smaller plus retailers like AX Paris) and is now doing Bridal... Dresses and Lingerie! Whoa and WOW.

Plus Size Wedding Underwear from the new Bridal Collection at Simply Be. For gorgeous, plus size brides and their curves.

The collection launches on the Simply Be Website TODAY and comprises dresses, shawls and underwear. Dresses will retail around the £100 mark and all of them are LOVELY. I PARTICULARLY love these two!

A Plus Size Wedding Dress from the new Bridal Collection at Simply Be. For gorgeous, plus size brides and their curves.
Boombands Blog Dress Three! Choose which ones I try on the site and comment below!

A Plus Size Wedding Dress from the new Bridal Collection at Simply Be. For gorgeous, plus size brides and their curves.
Boombands Blog Dress Four! Choose which ones I try on the site and comment below!

And get this ladies... Along with this line of dresses, Simply Be's released matching shawls and boleros to satisfy girls who'd like a few more fancy flourishes!

A Plus Size Wedding Dress from the new Bridal Collection at Simply Be. For gorgeous, plus size brides and their curves.

And look at this one. I absolutely ADORE this combination and think Simply Be has NAILED this whole look! I like that they've thought of arm coverage... I almost want to cry this next look is so beautiful.

A Plus Size Wedding Dress from the new Bridal Collection at Simply Be. For gorgeous, plus size brides and their curves.

What beautiful touches to this well thought out range... And look at them all - a dress with sleeves, another with split sleeves and then also; wide straps. Dresses designed to emphasise some shape - but also flowing by design, to skim off curves. I like the beading, cut across the breasts and also the side brooch clasp on the dress with longer sleeves. I am so impressed. And even the lingerie is designed to make a woman feel beautiful.

Plus Size Wedding Lingerie from the new Bridal Collection at Simply Be. For gorgeous, plus size brides and their curves.

Simply Be has asked if I would like to feature two of the dresses on this site. They will send me a couple of dresses to post, I will photograph them and then, like with my gorgeous Anna Scholz posts - they will head back to Simply Be. This is literally something I want to do - JUST to show you what the dresses look like on my plus size body. I really want to.

And. I want you to choose the dresses.

So tell me in the comments below, which of the dresses you'd like me to try - I will tally the numbers and ask Simply Be to send through the items YOU'VE chosen. I'm not going to choose them. MY favourites are irrelevant, because ladies - this post is all up to you. Input from any upcoming brides will be given plenty of weight too - so speak up ladies!!

Now I just need to find a good pair of shoes to match!

xxx.

PS - This is an Exclusive and I hurried to get this post live as soon as possible! I will update direct links to the dresses as Monday progresses!
PPS - Just to be straight - I'm not in the market for a wedding dress myself yet ladies, but I'll be excited to try a couple!

21 comments:

  1. HOW EXCITING! Sorry I really feel the need to shout! For so long the hgih street has accomodated brides with Monsoon, Debenhams & BHS. However non of them have really gone much beyond size 20. I am glad Simply Be realise that some girls do NOT wish to wear a meringue and nor do they want to have to spend a ridiculous amount for a dress that will be worn once. I really see this taking off!
    I'd like to see you in the first dress. Enjoy bridal dress up. xXx <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Em,
    thanks for this wonderful blog. I love Simply Be for launching a Bridal collection. Not that a wedding is coming up soon, but you never know ;-)
    I think it's pretty well thought about since they also offer the matching lingerie range. All dresses shown above are simply beautiful, but my favourite is No.4 - I would love to see it on you.
    Have a lovely day,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! How great this is! I so wish that I had been able to get a beautiful dress like these when I got married. Instead I ended up in a hideous velour tunic set! You would look so beuatiful in all of these, but my favourites are definately number 1 and number 3. Can't wait to see you in them x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! How great this is! I so wish that I had been able to get a beautiful dress like these when I got married. Instead I ended up in a hideous velour tunic set! You would look so beuatiful in all of these, but my favourites are definately number 1 and number 3. Can't wait to see you in them x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! I'd love it if you tried the first and last dresses, they're my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really would like to see number three :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh they are some beautiful dresses number 1 is my choice :] x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent post, Em. A girl loves to dream- I'm not getting married yet but it's still REALLY exciting to see beautiful dresses.

    Number 1 followed by number 4!


    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, this is a great news, I love this collection!
    one and four! cannot wait to see you wearing these dresses
    and what an opportunity, I am so happy for you!!!

    Love, Ylenia from Longuette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dress 1 is far and away the best of the bunch, but I'd be really interested to see dress 2, because I think it looks a bit loose on the model and I'd love to see if it looks better when more fitted. Also its the only one with proper arm coverage, and as I never go out sleeveless that makes it a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Numbers 1 and 4 for me! I get married on the 31st and this would have been fantastic for me. Maybe I can buy one as a back up plan :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not even getting married but that first dress and that bra :O WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No 1 is just beautiful.

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2 & 4 get my vote.

    I just love 4. It looks a little like my mums wedding dress from 1982 :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are all so lovely but I think dressed 1 and 6 have my vote! Good on all year brands making women feel beautiful no matter what size they are, it's so encouraging to see!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Choose between them? But they are ALL so pretty, and that lingerie, GUH! I'm thinking maybe dress 4 & 5. I love the blush colour!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness I dont really care for the dresses but I do like the lingerie
    if i had to pick a dress it would be one 4 is ok but to me they all look bit matronly

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a romantic, dreamy line! My two picks are #1 with the frilly straps and ruching across the bust. I also love the last dress in pink with the bolero. It's the one I would have considered as a bride. Plus, I think they're two really different looks. I feel like I've seen you in several 3/4 length sleeve dress and empire waists with side ruching with your outfit reviews, and these two styles would be a little bit different. What a fun opportunity for you and a really helpful one for your readers...especially the brides-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice, but....why not silk? Isabella is beautiful, but why not in a luxe fabric. Polyester is not a dream fabric, and who wants a washable wedding dress?!!!

    Car2964

    ReplyDelete
  20. My Choice Number 4 is nice and looks comfortable and easy to wear also with a nice pair of shoes that normally get hidden.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x