Thursday, 23 August 2012

Evans Snake Print Skater Dress!

Let's face it! Getting back in the swing of things takes some time... but for me - I'm all about trying to stay positive and feeling great. SO. When Evans contacted me recently about being part of a five-take style blogger challenge - I said YES straight away...

The chosen dress, for FIVE of us bloggers to try?


Skater dresses are absolutely popular (design wise) right now, and I had never tried one. On top of that - add a snakeskin print (I rarely do leopard, let alone REPTILE!!) and I couldn't resist. I have said so many times on this blog - that sometimes, getting outside our comfort zones is so important as far as learning about and defining our own fashion. I mentioned in the last post - that life has been a bit rough lately... Well, what better way to get back into blogging than to branch out and try something a little different.


For me, due to the sleeves - this would be a really lovely autumnal dress. I overheat in summer and need a lighter sleeve - so staying true to that, I paired this with Evans leggings, Evans flats and a Carmakoma belt. I DID try it with a waist cincher belt too, but that was a little TOO Betty Boop (especially with the new hair!)


I like this look. If I'm honest? I didn't know if I would. I thought the print wouldn't suit me, at all - but it did! I also like the style and cut. I'm not sure why I've stayed away from the skater style - but certainly, I'm eyeing up the Evans Swan Print and City Chic Ice Skater dresses, next!

On the Evans Facebook page, they have popped a few other girls in an album - with all of us wearing the same dress. We are different shapes and have different takes on how to wear this one - so get over there! It's worth a look! xxx.

5 comments:

  1. It's a lovely dress and you look great in it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this dress so much, and you look perfect in it! I put it with a red belt, black biker jacket, leggings and boots, but ended up returning it as nobody else was quite sure if it looked good on me or not!
    Sorry your life has been crappy lately, I hope things started brightening up for you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. New hair = awesome! As is the dress on you. I don't know if I've ever posted, but I've been reading your blog for a while! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great, Em! Glad we've converted you to the skater dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great, I'm so in love with skater dresses, but this print, that's pretty amazing! Such a great combo!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x