Sunday, 3 June 2012

By George! Happy Diamond Jubilee!

Boombands Em in a George Dress by ASDA celebrates the Diamond Jubilee with a nice cup of tea and one of her oldest friends.

You know. I'm an Australian girl. You all know it. But I love it here in my adopted country. I love the fact I've met the man of my dreams, have a lovely career and have come "home" in a sense, to where many of my ancestors (and indeed my beautiful mum) were born. I also like the monarchy here in the UK (although *may* have voted for Australia to become a republic some years ago).

I've also seen the Queen a few times in my life. When I was a wee nipper, she visited Australia and I saw her on two different occasions, and then in 2002, I was in London for the Golden Jubilee. In recent years, I do feel that with the marriage of Kate and Wills, and now this Diamond Jubilee - the monarchy has managed to provide two beautiful and happy historical events. There is MUCH to be said for that - to pause for such positive celebrations... We, as a society - don't do that enough.

Boombands Em in a George Dress by ASDA celebrates the Diamond Jubilee with a nice cup of tea and one of her oldest friends.

For today's blog post - with the help of George 
I am enjoying being a part of a 
Big Ole' Vintage Jubilee Blogparty!

Boombands Em in a George Dress by ASDA celebrates the Diamond Jubilee with a nice cup of tea and one of her oldest friends.

What a treat and a pleasure. George was nice enough to send me supplies - including this LOVELY George Dress in a size 22. I love the dress, actually! For the post, I went for a Summery, tea-party style dress with a cross over bust and a self-tie back. The fabric is quite light and thin and will be lovely and floaty through Summer... It is also a bargain at only £16.00! 

George also sent me a pack of Emma Bridgewater FUDGE to say thank you! YUM!

Boombands Em in a George Dress by ASDA celebrates the Diamond Jubilee with a nice cup of tea and one of her oldest friends.

In any case however you feel about this Diamond Jubilee Celebration, I do hope you are having a beautiful weekend. For me, as an Aussie girl who loves her adopted home - it feels pretty great to be here!

Boombands Em in a George Dress by ASDA celebrates the Diamond Jubilee with a nice cup of tea and one of her oldest friends.

xxx

10 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you've said. Looking back on where we were last summer with the riots, it is so nice to see people getting together and enjoying themselves - even in such times of financial hardship and difficulties. I have to say kudos to Liz for standing up all that time - she really is an iconic woman. Oh and I <3 your dress. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the dress it looks great on you and its a fab colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been visiting your blog for a few now, just haven't said anything. :]

    Love the dress! You look great in it!

    -V
    http://unfairytaleadventuresofanerdyzombie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the post!! Dress looks gorgeous and I love the whole vintage feel of the tea party, dress, decorations etc! And the teddy looks pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, love this dress. Went to Asda yesterday to try it on, I couldn't get on with the big sleeves/arm holes but it looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I think your blog is wonderful. I have really started to embrace my curves this year and your blog has been really inspiring. You always look beautiful.
    Has anyone ever told you that you look a lot like Natalie Wood?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all these comments, ladies - thank you!

    Hayley - did you manage to find something else, instead?

    Anonymous! Thank you and welcome! I have never been told I look like Natalie Wood, but I think she is amazing, so thank you for such a nice compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an adorable post...from the dress to the flag banner to the tea set-up. Looks like a perfect party for one. And what a deal on that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour of the dress and the print.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x