Wednesday, 9 May 2012

The Swan "Betty" Dress in Black Broderie Anglaise.

Getting my Lydia Deetz on for the Carolyn Draper Charity Fashion show in a Swan Betty Dress by Clements Ribeiro for Evans.

Heading out last week to the Carolyn De La Drapiere Charity Fashion Show, I decided to wear my Swan "Betty" Dress in Black by Clements Ribeiro for Evans (that's a mouthful!). I knew it would be quite a cold night out in Richmond, so wanted the sleeves, high neck and length of the "Betty". I'm wearing it in a 22.

I kind of rushed to get ready and forgot under-eye makeup, but luckily for me - one of my best friends Nic was on hand and she had eyeliner and a steady hand for our train journey... HOT:

Me looking pale with a smash of lipstick. Hot.
My colours are a bit off due to train light, but I either look really saucy OR like a vampire about to eat you!

This was kind of an interesting look for me as I don't wear high necks very often. I admit, I was a little self conscious of the neck at first, but after pairing it with my hot Mimco necklace, I felt really great about the whole look... I actually felt like I was channelling Lydia Deetz from Beatlejuice. Gosh I loved that character!

Photobucket
Lydia Deetz. She. Is. Alone. And a GREAT film character.

As for the fashions on show that night - there were LOTS of great models and sexy looks down the catwalk. My position on the catwalk wasn't ideal for snaps due to the lighting, but I will let you know a link when more "official" shots come online. Here is a sneak peek thanks to Facebook!

Photobucket
Kate Blackett rocking one of Carolyn Draper's gorgeous Summer Looks.

Totally hot. 

Psst. Haircut Tomorrow!
xxx.


PS. Thank you so much for all your amazing comments on my last post. I read every single comment and feel really touched that so many of you shared your stories with me. I also feel really proud of us as a group of women, for our ability to feel united and together and give each other such strength. Thank you Ladies. x.

12 comments:

  1. The Betty dress is amazing on you and I love how it defies the stupid rules of big busts not being able to wear high necks! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is gorgeous! And I love the fact you've paired it with boots....I'd have gone totally girly with it, which definitely would be too much!

    But love the fact its got an almost gothic twist to it in the way you wear it - I'd not imagine that the makers of said dress thought it'd be worn as anything other than uber lady like!

    but the show looks amazing from that one picture you've included - cannot wait to see more when they're released!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this dress, it fits you so perfectly. I always feel the same way about wearing anything with a high neckline, I feel like it cuts me off in the wrong places. Your makeup looks really beautiful and I adore Lydia Deetz, Beetlejuice is one of my favorite movies of all time. I love the Carolyn Draper dress, the print is so unbelievably stunning, I wish I could afford some of her clothes. Good luck with the haircut!

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love that dress on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning as always. xx

    Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful in black! Your complexion/colouring with the red lips is so pretty.

    I'm a bit of an oddball because I usually feel more comfortable in higher necklines, which seriously restricts my fashion choices. So this Swan Betty dress is my ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing! And the train shot - total babe but vampire is kinda foxy too. So want that dress now. BUT I'm staying strong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love that dress, I think it looks so much nicer on you than on the original model!

    I ordered that dress, but it just looked ridiculous on me. It is a gorgeous dress, lovely fabric and cut and you always rock the black!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dress looks gorgeous on you!
    Absolutely! <3 Love it with the boots. ^^d MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a dress! You look utterly amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fabulous!

    I always read your blog but never comment... thought I'd change that as it must be fab to know how admired you are! :)

    Abbie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this dress sooo much!!!!! you look stunning in it!

    Love, Ylenia from Longuette

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x