Sunday, 29 April 2012

Total Pants!


SO. As you all know, a while back, I was given a jeans challenge which I embraced! Indeed, I now own a couple of pairs of jeans and every now and again - rock some denim. 

More recently another request came through to see more trousers on this blog. Hmm. Well, firstly - I call them pants. I know some people in the UK do tpp, but in Australia - that's pretty much what we call trousers. Pants. So. Pants challenge. I've only ever worn Pants at university when I was working in retail - it was a requirement!

Now, any long time readers will know that I occasionally mosey into Evans for a Change Room post - at which point, trousers DO get a look-in. They also featured when I was doing my Clements Ribeiro posts recently too. So - knowing my size and the cut of Evans' pant wear, I decided to order myself a pair of Super Wide Leg Floral Pants. I ordered a 22 and when I put them on at home - they were too big... So. I went to Marble Arch and hit the Change Rooms!


Boombands Em tries a selection of Pants, Trousers and Jeans at Evans.

Here we start. Now, before anyone tells me I have to get with the Carrot shape pants - all I'll say is, I like Wide Leg. I love wide leg, actually. I like the long lines from my hip and especially enjoy the floaty feel of wide leg material on my skin. This is the 22. You can see that in the crotch, there is a little excess material and hence I sized down...

Boombands Em tries a selection of Pants, Trousers and Jeans at Evans.

The 20 rocked it. I LIKED these in the size down, but wasn't entirely convinced. The length you can see in the first shot is replicated in the 20, so for me - a little long. Now, this can easily be rectified with a trip to a tailor (which I do for jeans), however, my head isn't quite convinced this is the right pair of pants for me. So I'm mulling them over!

Next up - I thought I would try a pair of simple black pants, unfortunately - due to the curtain in the background - these don't show up so well - but I am sure you get the gist.


Boombands Em tries a selection of Pants, Trousers and Jeans at Evans.

I really like these. Initially I tried this pair in a 20 Short, but soon sized out to a 20 Regular, which were the perfect length for my 5'5 body. The short length COULD have worked, but I have a tendency to wear a low heel/wedge - so I needed that wee bit extra. These babies have a little elasticity in the fabric and the waist has some extra elastic through the back, making them really comfy. I checked these out online before going into Evans and really liked the sound of them from the online reviews. Also - they don't require heavy ironing (I love doing laundry, but hate ironing - I will avoid it wherever possible!). This is a good pair and a total contender for me as my renewal pair of pants.

One thing I've been asked about is 1940s trousers. I *think* they get worn with shirts tucked into them. Is that right? They're slung from the high hip too? Well, here's a taster of my cami tucked into my pants. Unsure I like this look on me: I might be a bit short with too much boobage to personally feel confident I could pull this off. I'll try - but am still looking for a pair in my size.

Boombands Em tries a selection of Pants, Trousers and Jeans at Evans.

Finally. I decided to try something really on-trend...


Boombands Em tries a selection of Pants, Trousers and Jeans at Evans.

I'm in a 20. Not sure about this on me (you know - I'm still pretty new to jeans - so COLOURFUL jeans is a total brain fritz). I hilariously (and deliberately) paired this colour with the Evans Coral Bolero so I clash a little. I TRIED to get the Coral Jeans, but there were no Coral 20s on the rack. I could size these pants up to a 22 for more room in the thigh and waist, but this size pulled up quite easily and were comfortable on. I LIKE these. Sure, I look a bit daft with the coral and the rust - but the shape is great and the denim in comfy.

Lovely. 

Em. xxx.

6 comments:

  1. the colored ones suit you best my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definatley try the coloured denim and the 20 is all you need, dont size up, I think they will look frumpy in the size larger.
    I love that you are moving out of your comfort zone, i did something similar 6 years ago, after not wearing jeans for ten years, and now i cant get enough of them, great post K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Em, those rust jeans look so awesome on you! I know you said you prefer the other silhouettes but really, they photograph so well! I am still debating whether to get an awesome cobalt pair from New Look, but since I'm ordering from Australia I'm just scared (?!) they won't fit and then I'll be stuck with them, oh, but they're SO pretty! Anyway, thanks for the reviews! It's always nice to see how something fits on someone with a similar shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of the wide leg trousers, I think they swamp you and hide your lovely legs. The black ones are ok, and your figure looks amazing in them but you have much nicer things!

    The red jean though are AMAZING, you have to have them! Definately stick with the 20, they look perfect and they always stretch a bit when you wear them x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree, Em - the rust straight legs look ADORABLE on you! The other pants look good too, but the colored denim - Wow!

    I didn't know that Australians use the word pants for trousers - interesting! (As you know, we Yanks do as well).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the red ones!!! I just bought my first pair of red jeans, and am really excited to plan an outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x