Sunday, 11 March 2012

My THANK YOU to you.

I wanted to say a massive thank you for the immense response to my "Fat Em" post.

For the last couple of days, I've had women responding through comments on the post, as well as writing to me on Facebook and on Twitter to discuss their experiences and situations. For some reason, my blog doesn't have comment "replies" enabled which makes it hard for me to respond directly to everyone, but I did want to let you all know: I read EVERYTHING on this blog that comes through from you to me. I've been overwhelmed by the respect and support you have shown me, but also by the experiences YOU have shared with me. Many of you - have made me quite tearful as you've shared your stories.

I love that people found the story in my post quite kindred to their own - I genuinely believe there is strength in being together and discussing experiences. I also love that many of you have told me you've found hope in my post as regards your life and what you might be looking for. It makes me emotional (in the good way).

I took a few days to write that post and then a couple more to decide if I would actually post it. I even asked Darcy to proof it for me, because I felt good about what I'd written - but self conscious too.

When I started my blog, I never expected to connect with people so much - and I just wanted to say THANK YOU for helping me and letting me do that.

I appreciate all of you who read the blog, so much.

Fashion Wise - Well, this last week - I only did one lovely fashion post, and that was over at Inside Chic. I actually LOVE the photos, which we took out and about in London last weekend...

Photobucket
Blacks & Reds. In London. In City Chic.

ALSO - There is a GIANT week ahead! I've tried some of the latest pieces from Anna Scholz's Spring Summer Season - so those posts are coming. All I can say is FIERCE!


Thank you again, my loves. After the overwhelming response earlier this year when I posted on Plus Brides, I didn't think I could feel such emotions because of my blog again (or, at least - not for a long time). Thank you, thank you!

xxx.

5 comments:

  1. I have read your latest post post you've metnioned here but I'll do immediately.
    yeah, the conncetion with people through blogs is amazing! this is why i am hosting a giveaway, to say thank you to all my readers.

    check it out
    Love, Ylenia from *Longuette*

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* You are an amazing person!

    Also, I am soooo loving your hair in the above picture! Not to mention, you look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This leather jacket is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous photo! And I always love to see you modeling Anna Scholz!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x