Friday, 16 March 2012

Anna Scholz SS12 Series: Enter the Labyrinth!

Boombands Em in Anna Scholz Spring Summer Collection 2012 (SS12).


This is an amazing, fun dress. Anna is not shy when it comes to loving her vintage prints and this one is a complete throwback to the 1970s. I love a little Boho, so had to try this!

Boombands Em in Anna Scholz Spring Summer Collection 2012 (SS12).

Boombands Em in Anna Scholz Spring Summer Collection 2012 (SS12).
The dress is a pretty, straight down-the-line Maxi, which comes with a nice thick belt, to cinch you in and define shape. The V-neck Collar shows off the shirt based nature of the dress and I like the three quater sleeves. The fabric has a little weight to it, but is also light and breathable for summer. I could see this being worn on the hottest of days very easily, but also on those lovely, mild Spring days when there's a light cool breeze in the air.

This is a nice long Maxi, and it doesn't touch the ground for me - even with my 5'5" frame. I am (as ever, thanks yo Anna's perfect tailoring), wearing a size 20.

What a gorgeous, flowy, beautiful Maxi Shirt Dress.


Boombands Em in Anna Scholz Spring Summer Collection 2012 (SS12).

Everything about this works. What an AMAZING shape and STUNNING print.

Boombands Em in Anna Scholz Spring Summer Collection 2012 (SS12).

This Deep Pleat Dress is so sexy, so summery, completely vibrant and delightfully feminine. It takes my breath away.

Boombands Em in Anna Scholz Spring Summer Collection 2012 (SS12).This dress EFFORTLESSLY creates the most amazing shape, thanks to curve loving tailoring. 

Look at the gorgeous V-neck, wide empire waist and the pleating across my bust - all of which add to the amazing shape. The skirt is wonderful, skimming nicely over my hips and thighs. I like the front pleats which again add to the delightful shape. The sleeves are also fantastic, with plenty of room and slight ruching, making them have a little, sexy scrunched feel. The sleeves were actually one of my favourite details of the dress.

Another amazing detail is kind of hidden. Along the inside seams across the bust, the hemming is hidden by a ribbon along the seam. This feels lovely on the skin and is a really cool, hidden detail - it's also an obvious sign the garment has been lovingly created by a fashion DESIGNER.

The silk fabric. WOW. Really - so light and gentle. I love that there's a wee bit of elastane in the composition too - which means the dress will skim your curves as well as afford a little stretch. Magic.

Oh yeah, it's also available in Snake Print!

Anna is doing free shipping this weekend on all orders over £100... Hella Yeah.

Psst - Also, I have a Boombands exclusive code that you can use to get 8% off from now until the end of March... Just use: ANMAR8

9 comments:

  1. I am in love with the Maxi, it is fantastic, the print is brilliant, and you look amazing in it. xx

    Love the colours of the second dress. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the print of the maxidress, too bad they don't fit me.
    I really prefer the second dress in the snake print. It looks soo lovely!!


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dresses! <3 You look wonderful! ^^d
    MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the fit on the maxi is perfect on you, but that colourful silk dress is just devine! The colours are gorgeous and really suit you, I love you in bright colours and your lipstick is a perfect match! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Em - I have both of these dresses and they are so different that I honestly cant say which one I prefer on you either ;)
    You look really radiant and happy ! Have a nice weekend. Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous as always dahlink, and am LOVING that shirt dress. May have to purchase...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! You look amazing in both of these lovely dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the style of your dresses.Would like to see more black and red.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the long sleeved maxi is stunning em! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x