Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Plus London Two: Anna Scholz.

Anna Scholz Digital Jersey Dress at Plus London Two.
My day outfit for Plus London Two - Anna Scholz Digital Print Jersey Dress.

This last weekend, thanks to the lovely Claire, over at Monkey Fashionista, a bunch of bloggers from all over Europe, came together to celebrate fashion at Plus London Two.

Our First Stop? Anna Scholz - and as you can imagine, I wore one of my Anna favourites - a dress that not only looks great and makes me feel great - but defies all those stupid rules about dressing for your size!

Anna Scholz Digital Jersey Dress at Plus London Two.

As you lovelies know, for me - heading to Anna Scholz is always a special event (I mean, LOVE!), and on Saturday there was an extra kick... there would be forty other women there - of all shapes and sizes, ALL looking at Anna's clothing. How amazing.

Anna Scholz Event at Plus London Two.

I swear the colours and patterns make me giddy with joy.

Anna Scholz Event at Plus London Two.

The afternoon was pretty immense as Anna's studios were literally alive with women buzzing about, touching fabric and gushing over colours/prints. It was amazing actually and there was huge excitement in the room. I loved that there were bloggers from the UK, but also girls from all over Europe, including: Switzerland, Germany, France and Belgium.

Anna Scholz Event at Plus London Two.

I think one of the most empowering things at the event - was seeing women of different shapes and sizes in Anna's clothes and looking amazing. I always talk about how Anna is amazing at tailoring, and I tell you - Saturday was a great illustration of that fact... Just check the Anna Scholz blog or perhaps
Blog To Be Alive (or indeed any of the Plus London writeups!) to see what I mean.

Anna Scholz Event at Plus London Two.

The studio laid on a yummy lunch, before a really great Question Session with Anna. It was amazing to hear Anna talk about her designs, but also hear all the questions girls had about her work and tailoring. It was great to learn about the size 18 fit model who comes in every week, who helps to ensure that the cuts and fit are spot on. I loved hearing about Anna's inspirations for her prints as well as her passion for clothes, fashion and curvy women.

Anna Scholz Event at Plus London Two.

As the afternoon continued, many women passionately discussed their feelings about Plus Fashion and Anna asked us all what we're interested in seeing more of.  It was pretty fab actually - to hear all the different ideas and opinions of a diverse and interested range of plus size women. I loved it.

Anna Scholz Event at Plus London Two.

As the event drew to a close, all of us were invited to take a goody bag away with great information about the current collections and a couple of small gifts... it was such a treat - especially since we'd already had such a fabulous afternoon. I put my jacket on to head home...

Anna Scholz Digital Jersey Dress with City Chic jacket at Plus London Two.

I had a fabulous afternoon and while I didn't try on any of Anna's clothes at Plus London, I'm pleased to say that I will be showcasing some different pieces on my blog very soon in my fabulous Anna Scholz series on her Spring/Summer 2012 Collections.

My blog post on the Plus London Night Event will be up very soon.

xxx.

11 comments:

  1. Em, it is was so lovely to meet you on Saturday! A person to the name I suppose!

    Although I'm interested in what Mhairi and I are doing in your first photo of Val!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are dancing. You kinda look like you are in boogie mode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying to see someone in the kalidescope print tunic! Did you try that one one? (Blue tile with some red hints). Can't wait for your report!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - so many good things were said about Anna Scholz - kind of wish I'd gone. Oh well! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dress is so cute :)
    http://adulkowa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the colors and patterns of the dresses, speaking of great colors on a dress, your dress is lovely and fits you so well. I love the leather jacket too! It sounds like such a fun event, I wish I could visit Europe and go to one of these events!

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still laughing at your cat calling when I was modelling! Lovely to have met you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so much fun!

    I'd never get tired of seeing you in that graffiti dress, it's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was amazing, wasn't it! And I fell even harder in love with the dress after seeing it 'in person' worn by you. And the Q&A was fantastic, and you (and the rest of us) made very valid points. So glad to see Anna cared about them. Lovely seeing you around. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm having a secret love affair with the dress you are wearing. THAT PRINT, golly it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fab in the jacket/dress combo. Modern and fem with an edge... love it!!

    www.talesfromthefatside.org

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x