Monday, 13 February 2012

Casual Sunday

Boombands Em wears Joe Browns Dress/Tunic for Simply Be.

This last weekend was a quiet one for me, and I spent yesterday with my Mr. Darcy relaxing about London, having frothy coffees and just waltzing through the streets (although not literally).

It was a pretty cold weekend and for our lovely couples time, I wanted something casual, warm and pretty. A few weeks ago (during sales), I bought this Joe Browns Flattering Retro Dress for Simply Be. It was reduced from £55 to £27 (I LOVE a bargain).

Boombands Em wears Joe Browns Dress/Tunic for Simply Be.
I only have a few tunics from Joe Browns and when I bought this, I was a little unsure - I wondered about the colour and pattern. I figured the shape would work - but it was one of those purchases where you think to yourself, "Well, I can always return it..."

NO NEED.

This is an extremely comfortable dress. It's made from Polyester and Elastane but has a delicious, soft knit feel to it. I put it on and feel warm and comfy. There is a self-tie around the waist which adds definition to my shape and helps the dress feel snug and toasty on my body.

I actually love this. It's colourful and playful - a great Casual choice. You can see I wore this with no jewellery and have light make up on. I think easy, pretty, casual clothes are important. This really is a dress I'll wear and think - it gives good shape, has lots of energy and colour, I feel comfortable and GOOD in my skin - no effort is needed. Clothing like this is important and not always something I mention on my blog. I do wear slouchy clothes (especially down the supermarket on a Sunday morning), but for me, when I'm heading out for a simple "couples coffee" - a little effortless prettiness never goes astray.

Mind you, as it's so cold, I had to wear a Winter Coat and scarf!

Boombands Em wears Joe Browns Dress/Tunic for Simply Be.

The last little feature to mention on this dress is the pretty breast detail. So simply done, it's a stitched on flower that matches the hem print, coupled with a little embroidery. Very simple, but it gives the dress texture and feels unique. I like little touches!

This is a pretty, casual dress and so comfortable, that I don't mind admitting that I'll likely wear this to work too (yay, creative industry!).

Boombands Em wears Joe Browns Dress/Tunic for Simply Be.

There are still a few sales on at the moment, so I hope you're all still managing to bag a few bargains - for me, this has been my best sale purchase in a LONG time!

Dress is a size 20 and hits mid-thigh on my 5'5" body!

Smooch - Em. x.

10 comments:

  1. That is such a cute dress on you! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty dress! Love the colour and print. ^^d You look great! MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love Joe Browns! I am eyeing up a tea dress from the new collection at the moment. I have a couple of Joe Browns tunics and I wear them religiously over the winter months !

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!
    It looks absolutely amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its funny, I am always unsure about ordering Joe Browns tunics as the colours always scare me a bit, but every time i see how awesome they look on you it makes me need them! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, I always steer clear of the Joe Browns stuff as the patterns but me off...not because I'm scared of print but because usually its the sort that doesnt float my boat, being the ultra girly girl I am! But I agree that seeing their stuff on other folk, such as this on you, makes me think twice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A M A Z I N G dress. No longer available on a 20 tho. :'( So if you don't want it, you can give it to me, hahaha. Really love the details at the bottom and the bust. Oh well, time to look on eBay. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joe Browns stuff is lovely. I tend to wait for it to be on sale as it can be pricey but that looks so pretty on you. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful dress and it suits you very well! I love your blog, since I frequently read it, I pay much more attention to my outfits. Thank you for all your lovely posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your comments. x. I like this dress so much and can not emphasise how comfortable it is. I think I probably got addicted after buying just one dress!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x