Saturday, 21 January 2012

Stunning Curvy Brides.

Beautiful Curvy Bride on the Beach with her new husband.
Andrea and her new husband "Drown the Dress" at the beach after their nuptials!

In the last week, I've had so many women travel through this blog of mine. I'd never thought about about posting on Plus Size Wedding Dress Options or on Plus Size Brides until someone tweeted me and asked about Plus-Size Wedding Dresses. Fascinating.

Your response has been phenomenal. This blog post is really all about you girls. The women who've  been brides and the women who will be. Lots of my posts are based in how I feel and reflect my passions and emotions. In the last few days, I put a call out for women to send me their wedding photos. I wanted to post pictures here - to show and celebrate stunning curvy brides and also inspire the girls who will be brides. I am one of the later. I never dreamt of a wedding until I met Mr. Darcy and my dreams now assume a small (fabulous) "do"... Looking at these pictures, that women have been generous enough to send to me - to share with YOU - has been a really emotional experience. They come from all over the world.

You are beautiful. All of you. Thank you.

I passionately hope upcoming brides will feel inspired by this post. I also hope that all girls (singled or coupled) who dream of being brides, will find power and beautiful hope and happiness in all these pictures.

The women featured here are wearing wedding dresses in sizes 12 - 28. Some of the dresses are from High Street Retailers - while others are Designer Wear. All of them are stunning...

Our first bride is Andrea. 
You can see her at the top of the post and here she is again... 

Gorgeous curvy bride! Plus-size Wedding Dress Blog Post! featuring Plus size Bridal Wear!

Andrea's wedding dress was designed and made by a New Zealand designer called Ellen H. It was supposed to have a zip back which Andrea converted to the corset back, using the same purple as the sash for the lacing. The dress is in ivory, size 18 and she's wearing a purple and black fascinator instead of a veil.

Claire of the Monkey Fashionsta is our next beautiful bride... 
Claire has more pictures from her wedding on her blog.

Gorgeous curvy bride! Plus-size Wedding Dress Blog Post! featuring Plus size Bridal Wear!

Claire bought her dress from Simply Be in the UK and got her bridesmaids dresses from Monsoon. I actually love Claire's post on her wedding - and it is an amazing reminder of what a great day you can have - and it doesn't have to cost the Earth. I found Claire's post inspirational.

Gorgeous curvy bride! Plus-size Wedding Dress Blog Post! featuring Plus size Bridal Wear!

Our gorgeous next bride is Jo.

Gorgeous curvy bride! Plus-size Wedding Dress Blog Post! featuring Plus size Bridal Wear!

This photo had me close to tears. I adore this shot - I love the dress, I love the beach, I love the sunset. The hint of purple is beautiful and the lace is just stunning. This is a classic - almost filmic - wedding moment and in the picture is a bride I can relate to. Wow. 

Gorgeous curvy bride! Plus-size Wedding Dress Blog Post! featuring Plus size Bridal Wear!

Mhairi, of Lilybobombs Lovely Lumps is our next bride.

Gorgeous curvy bride! Plus-size Wedding Dress Blog Post! featuring Plus size Bridal Wear!

I love how happy Mhairi is in this photo. Seriously - such a smile! Mhairi sent this through as a really quick photo and I am so glad she did. The dress is from Debenhams. For all you ladies around the world unfamiliar with the UK - that's a high-street retailer. AMAZING and LOVELY. And I love the obvious joy. Makes me sigh!

Mrs BeBe is my next stunning bride.
I love that she included an ACTION/DANCING shot!

Gorgeous curvy bride! Plus-size Wedding Dress Blog Post! featuring Plus size Bridal Wear!

The happiness in this photo made me grin like a crazy lady! Mrs BeBe owns the blog, The Ramblings of Mrs BeBe and she sent me through a few really stunning joyous shots. I love her dress and curves and I think she looks stunning. SO happy!

Gorgeous curvy bride! Plus-size Wedding Dress Blog Post! featuring Plus size Bridal Wear!

My final stunning bride is Hannah.

Gorgeous curvy bride! Plus-size Wedding Dress Blog Post! featuring Plus size Bridal Wear!

Hannah actually had two dresses for her wedding. She wore the City Chic dress, above, for her beach themed day, and then picked a more traditional style gown for her reception. How inspiring is THAT! Two curvy dresses!

Gorgeous curvy bride! Plus-size Wedding Dress Blog Post! featuring Plus size Bridal Wear!
All of these brides have been so generous in allowing me to post their pictures. I have felt so moved that  all of them included pictures WITH their partners. This is their day - a bride & groom - and in my call out for plus-size brides THESE women have really come through for me. For us. 

Your wedding is supposed to be the most beautiful day. Finding your dress may not be as easy as we might all hope - but it can be done... And as you can see - on your day - your smile will shine and you will be stunning. 

As people get married through 2012 - if any plus-size brides would like to send me their pictures - I will blog them through the year. I reckon that together, we can make the joy of plus-size wedding dresses come a little easier. 

That's my hope. 

And to the girl who tweeted me to help. Much love to you in your continued search! And to the other girl, sneaking peeks at designers for HER wedding dress at the moment - I seriously meant it, on twitter, when I said I would come shopping with you.

Big kisses, ladies. x.

I have loved these posts - thank you. 


--------
If you would like to be included in a future bridal post, please email me. If I featured you in THIS post and have any details incorrect, please inform me and I will change the information immediately. Thank you all for your help. x.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including my picture, I cant believe it was 9 years ago, it was the most amazing day and I loved my dress, which i think cost me about £110 we had 9 days notice to get it all together, and Debenhams did me proud, my other half didnt know i was wearing a wedding dress, he thought I was going to just wear a simple dress from any shop, but the tears in his eyes were worth it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all wonderful but I'm so annoyed with myself. When i got married 2 years ago i didn't make an effort to find something i loved to wear. Had 4 mth old baby and because of my weight i suppose i didn't feel i deserved to bother with a fab dress. regret it almost every day :( i should i have treated myself better.

    They all look so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! They all are really stunning. I'm the same as you Eclectica, I got married in the most hideous purple velour outfit because I thought I was too fat to find a nice dress and I have regretted it every day for the past 16 years!
    Every bride deserves to be beuatiful and special and I am so pleased that it is easier for plus size girls to do that nowadays
    I can't wait to see what a gorgeous bride Em will make one day! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these brides are so gorgeous it brings tears to my eyes. Thank you for following up your previous blog with this. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this - I am getting married this year so it's really great to see all of these gorgeous brides rocking their wedding dresses!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww they are all so beautiful and happy. And the grooms look so utterly in love, certainly a lesson to those who say fat chicks would never find love. They all sort of remind me of my wedding too. So glad it happened when I was at peace with myself. Instead of getting a smaller and expensive dress and dieting myself into it, I just got it a month before the wedding, and was of the softest tshirt fabric (from an alternative boutique online). And I truly enjoyed both the preparations and the event. x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x