Thursday, 22 December 2011

Carolyn de la Drapière: Part Two - Tops!

Photobucket

I thought for my next post on my studio visit to Carolyn de la Drapière I would show you some of the amazing tops I tried while I was there. I had a really positive response to the last post - and lots of enthusiastic women saying how excited they are by this little showcase of another (AMAZING) plus designer's fashions.

You gotta LOVE blogging.

Photobucket

This first top is similar in shape to the wrap dresses I had in my last post. I LOVE the fabric on this one, which could easily have a cami underneath, subtle white lace underwear - or even a little sneaky colour on show... you can see that in these shots, my black bra and leggings - in all their glory - WORK here. The deep diamond in the front is really sexy and for anyone who has belly woes - it has a drape that works well in the front. LIKE the wraps, this top seems to cinch me in as it cuts a waist line RIGHT under my bust. I'm like - VA VA VOOM.

Photobucket

The next top was probably my FAVOURITE that I tried on. The shape is amazing, but so too is the fabric and finish. It had tiny little bells sewn into the neckline and sleeves. The sheer piece across the bust is sewn in. Just lovely...

Photobucket

AMAZING. The line of fabric under my bust (AGAIN WITH BELLS!!!) can be drawn back into a tie - which is how I am wearing it here... or the top could have a bow in the front. I love a little versatility! I have popped this on with my tights and can imagine rocking it over a gorgeous pair of jeans, smart pants or sexy little black skirt. Frankly, this top blew my mind. I LOVE it.

Photobucket

Apart from the gorgeous dresses and tops I have already shown you, Carolyn has a range of pieces that can be worn quite formally and the look below is elegant and gorgeous. Carolyn showed me a couple of photos of women wearing the same jacket and slip I have below and they were women a little differently shaped to myself... they looked amazing! Seriously! Stylish, elegant and beautiful.

Photobucket

This whole look felt really lovely on my body also - one of those outfits you put on and just feel really wonderful wearing. YES!

I have one last post to do for you on this studio visit - featuring a range of Carolyn's jackets. The tailoring on all the clothing is so amazing. I know the High Street has come a long way, but I must say - I am so excited to be featuring Carolyn - her clothes are lovely and really beautifully made and tailored for us. 

Photobucket

Plus Size + Designer Wear.

YOU KNOW I LOVE IT.

Em. x.

4 comments:

  1. All of them are so beautiful, but my goodness, the last picture of the jacket has me bouncing on my chair with excitement, it is bloody gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of them!! Particulary the lace top and your favourite with the bells, I could wear those easily. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh.....that top with the ballerinas on....the jacket in the last picture....you are so seriously blowing my mind with these pictures, such a talent designer!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x