Sunday, 27 November 2011

Simply Be's Anna Scholz 60s Print Dress

Photobucket

On my way to the dry cleaners to get something steamed, I like to spruce up my look with a leg brace, sneaker/boot combination and this EXCLUSIVE 60s Print Swirl Dress (£65), available only at Simply Be

Photobucket
This is a classic case of Anna Scholz tailoring, the gorgeous gathering at the front of the dress  is a beautiful feature that emphasises the breast and hip, while nipping in a wee bit at the waist. The gathering detail is mirrored in the back and the material is a stretchy jersey fabric which feels comfortable and sexy on my curves.  

I love this dress. the print and colours brighten my day every time I wear it, and the shape it gives me is just lovely.

This dress is part of the Anna Scholz range that is only available at Simply Be.

My blog name comes from a Dr. Seuss book, "Oh, The Places You'll Go"... and the tag under my header up there is "Find the Bright Places Where the Boombands are Playing".  If any of you have read the, "Oh, The Places You'll Go" book, you'll know that my line reference up there, specifically relates to seeking out joy, happiness, excitement and a life full of colourful experiences. This dress actually REMINDS me of those themes.

LOVE IT.

Photobucket

The winners of the Gisela Ramirez shirts will be announced tomorrow.
xxx.


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Em, this is my first comment on your blog. Just wanted to say thank you for making me realise I don't have to wear black all the time and giving me the courage to try out new looks... I'm not sure I'm ready for this dress yet, but I'm tempted to order it to see what it looks like. Twenty years spent wearing black is a hard habit to change lol!! Regards, Kathryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathryn,

    Thank you so much for this comment - it really means a lot.

    Like yourself, I actually only wore black for many, many years - and when I decided to branch out it was such a strange step to take. I actually had to get used to looking at myself in colour. Such a strange thing to have to do... look in the mirror and know that in colour, I looked okay too. Obviously - I LOVE it now, but it did take some time.

    My advice would be to order items and try them at home. Maybe put it on once and then if you are unsure - try it AGAIN before you go to return it. Likewise if you try things in a change room. Try something an then maybe go back and retry. The trick is to start to put colour on more and more, so you get used to it and feel okay with it...

    I wore deeper colours with heavy(ish) black prints to start...

    xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that book so much. I've gifted it a couple of times for some inspiration, I wish I had my own copy sometimes! That dress is so hot, love it and you know I love a bit of retro. Didn't even notice the leg brace! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x