Monday, 17 October 2011

One Stop Plus UK: Tallissme Milano Knit Dress Review

When I was contacted by Brit Bloggers about reviewing an item for One Stop Plus UK, I was really excited. One Stop Plus UK is an online store that brings together a number of different plus size brands for women, in sizes 14-36. These brands include Carmakoma, La Redoute, Tallissme, Zizzi, Adidas and Sloggi - and there are also many, many more.

One of the great things about One Stop Plus is the price. Prices FOR an item are pretty "on par" with the item's price on it's "home site" but then there is also a big saving on shipping. The site also let's you access a range of brands and order in batches. Certainly worth a look!

PhotobucketTallissme Milano Knit Dress

This heavy knit dress by Tallissme is lovely and is a great dress for Winter. In this review I'm wearing my regular size and as you can see, this is quite a lovely piece that would be perfect for work, or a classy night out. That being said, if you like things a little more floaty - go one size up... I rekon that thanks to the nature of the curve hugging design,  you would still fit the piece in a larger size, but have a little more room to move.

Me? I like Body Con! And this is perfect!

One of the things that really appealed to me on first spotting this dress was the nature of it's colour blocking. I have a few bright colour block pieces and I love that this uses a current trend in a much more subtle way. I love the big panels of black and how well it works with the heavy grey and lighter brown colour.

PhotobucketThe dress has a high neckline, long sleeves and sits just under my knee (I am 5'5"). The fit of the dress, as mentioned above, is quite clingy, so if you like a drape from your bust or a little floatiness - keep that in mind. I like this dress. The heavy knit offers a good shape and I feel really comfortable wearing this!

This is a great piece; snug, pretty and well-made. I rekon that if you threw on a pair of tights and a lovely jacket (short and fitted OR chic and full length) you would feel toasty and ready to combat winter.

This dress retails for £45.00.

Smooch! Em. x.

1 comment:

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x