Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Anna Scholz Autumn Winter 2011-2012 Reviews... Part THREE!



Photobucket
Okay. I love this... Anna has gone ahead, with her Double Silk Colour Black Panel Dress and created something which allows for a silhouette of black, matched with neck, cuff and hemline flourish!

This dress is pretty and absolutely feminine.

This is a gorgeous, floaty garment that is light and comfortable. The dress has a subtler print block style than many of Anna's clothes - but still maintains innovation and colour, mixed with the cut and drape I always rave about!

The structure of this dress is relatively simple with a self-tie back affording structure. The sleeves are lovely and long for the colder months and the slight pleating at the top of the cleavage give the dress a beautiful and natural fall down the front of your body.

You can see, in taking these photos, I have left my hair very simple, with a high silver necklace the only thing complimenting this look. This dress - with its beautiful blocks of print against rich black does a lot on its own to look elegant and beautiful - while still being edgy.

Photobucket

PhotobucketIf you haven't tried Anna Scholz before, this would be a great garment to start with. The dress is great for movement and allows you to indulge in Anna's stylish prints, with a hint of subtlety thrown in. I love Anna's shapes and while I will almost always err towards a more figure hugging choice, my Anna Scholz tunic, with its simple, high, elasticated waist - is perfect for days when I want a hint of form along with a more loose fitting, flowy look... I think this dress would also be absolutely perfect for those days.

Style AND movement? YES Please!



I almost just want to post pictures and say - this speaks for itself.

Photobucket

This dress is the epitome of class and feminine structure. Talk about gorgeous.

Photobucket
The Double Silk fabric fits perfectly to your body while still being ultra comfortable. I love the sweetheart neck, high empire line and 3/4 sleeves for winter. As ever, Anna Scholz's amazing tailoring is at work with side pleating to the high-hip line - this creates a shape that will make you look at yourself in this dress, and go WOW. Seriously.

WOW.

Apart from myself and the model on the site, I have seen this dress on a couple of other people now. It is stunning and works for a variety of shapes... I mentioned in my post last week, that for me, this is a really striking, beautiful print - you can see, it looks killer!

And so does the dress...

Photobucket

You know, I get excited by being able to do these posts. It is no small thing, that I get to review these pieces and talk about them with you. One of the reasons I rave so easily about the Anna Scholz dresses is because they are so well crafted - these dresses represent the kind of care all plus-size designers and retailers should take when considering us and making garments for us.

xxx.

As an aside - the ASOS Curve post I did on the weekend has had a strong response... thank you. 
ASOS Curve opened a discussion yesterday on their Facebook Friend page requesting suggestions of where to go next. Go tell 'em, Girls! xxx.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you keep the blue one hun, its lovely on you. They all are!! But especially that one x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the blue one looks like it was made for you! Suits you beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x