Saturday, 18 June 2011

Evans Dress Reviews & Change Room Post


For the first time in AGES, I made it into an Evans and into a change room. My time was limited, but my choices were spot on...

Now, instead of going for the brands being carried by Evans (Lovedrobe, Ruby Rocks) I have picked up Evans own wear... Let's take a look!

Evans,Review,Change Room,Dress,Maxi,Boombands,Em,Boombands Em,Fashion,Plus-size,Plussize,Curves,Fatshion,Women,Clothes,Ladies Fashion

SLEEVELESS TILE PRINT TOP - £35.00 (Size 20).

You can see the tile print of this top/dress is just a delight.

I have noticed lately that Evans is really embracing prints with a lot of orange involved and I like this. I think that orange is often a relatively unloved and certainly underused colour, often in favour of pinks, purples and reds - so in the post I will showcase a little orange for you. I think for my olive skin and brown hair - it is a colour that really pops.

Evans,Review,Change Room,Dress,Maxi,Boombands,Em,Boombands Em,Fashion,Plus-size,Plussize,Curves,Fatshion,Women,Clothes,Ladies FashionI really love this dress. It is so simple and suprisingly roomie. I have often posted about frustrations with Evans as regards sizing, but I found the 20s I tried on, as well as the 18-20 multi-sizing that Evans is using, fit really well. This is so pleasing. Some of you will recall frustrations I've had where putting on a size 16 has been necessary to fit into an Evans garment. I don't feel flattered when that happens - more frustrated by poor sizing.

When I popped this dress on, I did have a moment's worry that it might not fit my hips - but it does. It actually feels a little snugger in the hips than it does around my chest or stomach, but I like this. I like the fact that this dress offers shape without being structured. Lately, I have been wearing more floaty garments and this dress felt a little floaty... It's also a dress that you could throw on without too much regard for foundation wear - sure, a good bra and comfy pair of undies is always important, but this dress, in skimming the body nicely - without being clingy around the chest and stomach, means you can go out without worrying about sillohette or line.

This dress feels like it would be effortless and beautiful. What a great shape.

I tried two Maxis in Evans.

Evans,Review,Change Room,Dress,Maxi,Boombands,Em,Boombands Em,Fashion,Plus-size,Plussize,Curves,Fatshion,Women,Clothes,Ladies Fashion

BLACK SPOTTED RUCHED DRESS - £20.00 SALE PRICE (Size 18/20)

On putting this Maxi on - I didn't like this dress on me. I put it on and loved the print and detailing across the bust (smocking?) but I didn't like the shape.

This dress immediately made me feel like my hips started right below my breasts and my initial response was absolute dislike. Then I thought some more. This does look okay on me. I also think this would be a phenomenal dress on girls with heavier waists or rounder bottoms than mine. Another cool thing about this dress is how much you can adjust the straps on the garment. I have a massive pair of boobies, but girls with smaller sizing would also rock this JUST as well. The very nature of the elastic style smocking across the bust allows the WEARER to define figure and shape. It is very clever. I would love to hear from anyone who might own this? I would love to see how you style it too.

Ultimately - for me, this is not a MAXI to love... I think it comes down to form, maybe it's as simple as me not being used to wearing this shape.

Meanwhile...

Evans,Review,Change Room,Dress,Maxi,Boombands,Em,Boombands Em,Fashion,Plus-size,Plussize,Curves,Fatshion,Women,Clothes,Ladies Fashion

FLORAL PRINTED MAXI DRESS - £49.50  (Size 18/20)

OMG. LOVE this.

This dress is amazing. I think Evans thought, who should we make this for and decided -

Boombands Em.

Yes.

Evans,Review,Change Room,Dress,Maxi,Boombands,Em,Boombands Em,Fashion,Plus-size,Plussize,Curves,Fatshion,Women,Clothes,Ladies Fashion
I LOVE this dress. I love the colour and print. I like the shape emphasis, the detailing around the breast, the light, beautiful fabric and the subtle sexiness of this garment. I put this on and just felt feminine and gorgeous. I LOVE this. Way to NAIL a Maxi, Evans.

This dress skims my shape. It was not clingy and it fits like a dream. Va Va Voom.

What else can I say?

I guess I can admit that I didn't buy this INSTORE as I know I can get this much cheaper online. How? Sales. Evans is going crazy for sales at the moment, and at a cost price of over £40.00, I should (at the least) be able to find a 20% code for this. I MOSTLY shop online. I know the tricks. Seriously ladies. You gotta love the tricks.

Evans,Review,Change Room,Dress,Maxi,Boombands,Em,Boombands Em,Fashion,Plus-size,Plussize,Curves,Fatshion,Women,Clothes,Ladies Fashion

SLEEVELESS MONO SPOT SHIFT TOP - £35.00 (Size 20)

The One I bought.

This is shaped very similarly to the first dress I reviewed and is the one I am wearing in the video above.

I love this. I LOVE polka dots and this one is differently presented but still very gorgeous. As I mentioned above, this is the kind of dress I can throw on, with little thought, and go out feeling effortlessly dressed but knowing I look really gorgeous.

As with the Tile Print Dress (above), this garment has a little room for me in the chest and waist, but is drawn in at the hips, offering little cling but a good shape. This dress isn't lined (I wish all dresses are lined), but is light - so will offer a good option for Summer wear. I like it. I feel pretty and confident in it...

Now, the dress DOES have tiny pockets at the front, which are almost entirely useless, but add a cute, subtle feature. I had to sew up the side of one of my pockets when I got home - but I think this was more an anomaly than anything wrong with the craftmanship of the dress.

Love it...

Now with all these dresses I am wearing a pair of Evans Leggings and Evans Cardigan. These are two clothing staples for me and I love them.

Smooches. x.

9 comments:

  1. I love that maxi and the shift dress you bought! and love Vlog, you so pretty its ridiculous! one day I want to have your confidence, you seem so happy :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dresses you wear, I can't wear any dresses at all - nothing seems to suit my shape!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Em how I love when you do change room posts! Mostly because we have a similar body shape so I think "Em's rocking it, I can too!" hehe. I really like the third dress, fits you quite well! I still have to order from Evans, because -like you said- the sizing can be all over the place, and with the parcel coming all the way over to Australia, I really don't feel like returning clothes that don't fit. Oh well, might have to take the plunge one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The orange maxi dress looks absolutely stunning on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You .Are. So. CUTE! The start of the vid was amazing! I was giggeling with joy! More vlogs pretty please :) Hugs to you. Oh, and you look stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're such a dork... I LOVE IT!!!
    Now you have me shaking my booty about the place wishing I had that dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Ladies for all your fantastic comments and feedback. I felt really excited by this post so I am glad you all love it too. x.

    Mhairi - I am really lucky. I do feel happy and confident and I loved posting this to my blog. To be honest, blogging has massively helped my confidence and the way I view myself. I am grateful for that! x.

    KayTee - What is your shape? I bet you could nail dresses. I actually only started wearing dresses about four years ago when I was 27. It took me a while to understand my figure and quite how to make it work with dresses - now I pretty much ONLY wear dresses. Before that - I was only ever in jeans and pants. It was my mum saying "I want you to try this dress on" that made me realise I could make them work. x.

    Sara - I love that we are similarly shaped! I know - buying online is such a hard thing sometimes internationally - especially if you feel you can not actually RELY on the retailer in question. I had to return a dress recently back to a high-end designer in Australia and it does feel like such a faff to then get a garment sent back again... But it does work. I LIVE in online purchases so can assure you it works out well more often than it doesn't. x.

    Val - Thank you honey! x.

    Anika - More vlogs to come. I had loads of fun making that - so more will be made! x.

    Danimezza - TOTALLY a dork. A TOTALLY HOT dork! LOL! x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your dress collections are really amazing.! You look so lovely with them! I hope you share more photo's, you really inspire plus size woman.!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :D That video was so adorable!! I love your accent :) (From NJ in the States)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x