Thursday, 24 February 2011

She likes: Beach walks at sunset...

Boombands Em,Australia,Beach,Summer,City Chic,Dress,Maxi-Dress,Plus-size
Do you know what's amazing? 

The OCEAN...

No trip to Australia would be complete without a blog post sharing with you - the gorgeousness that is the Ocean.

Now, while Downunder, my Mr. Darcy and I DID head into the Pacific for a dip or two, but these photos were taken on a romantic day... LITERALLY, a walk along the beach, hand holding, ice-cream eating and a gorgeous sunset. The photo on the left is my favourite photo taken of myself in a very long time. To me, it says LIFE and HAPPINESS and at the moment this picture was taken I really felt like I was experiencing and truly enjoying BOTH.

My skin and hair felt salty after so many days on the beach and much as I love the UK, I do miss sunshiney ocean days - a lot!

Boombands Em,Australia,Beach,Summer,City Chic,Dress,Maxi-Dress,Plus-size

Now for my day on the beach, I am wearing the City Chic Floating Flower Maxi-dress, which as you can see  - I have hitched up into my underwear. I actually LOVE hitching up my dresses and walking about in the sun and in Australia, I used to do it a LOT. In fact, I miss days when I used to walk to work, through a PARK - no one around, sun shining, sunscreen on and dress hitched up - letting my arms, chest, face and legs drink in a little Vitamin D.

Boombands Em,Australia,Beach,Summer,City Chic,Dress,Maxi-Dress,Plus-size

Boombands Em,Australia,Beach,Summer,City Chic,Dress,Maxi-Dress,Plus-sizeI teamed my dress with a macrame style bolero (also City Chic), pink Havaiana Flip-Flops and Paparazzi-Huge sunglasses (bought on Santa Monica Pier in 2009). I also took a massive bag with me carrying towels, drinking water and sunscreen. I am wearing minimal make up... my time downunder was VERY MUCH about keeping things very simple! Can you see my freckles?

In any case, it was a very romantic day... and while my blog doesn't really have a place for couples shots of Darcy and I - here's a smidge of romance for you:

Sunset at Glenelg beach.


Boombands Em,Australia,Beach,Summer,City Chic,Dress,Maxi-Dress,Plus-size


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

6 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous and happy! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so happy and pretty! Also, those sunglasses are TO DIE FOR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic! That first shot of you is magnificent--and you're right, it does exemplify feeling alive! Good for you! Glad you're enjoying your time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! The water looks so relaxing -- ahh, I long for a vacation.

    Great photos of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Glenelg! So pretty! I haven't been to the beach in over a year, i'm too scared. Last time I went I got 2nd degree burns, dispite being in the sun 2 hours & applying sunscreen 3 times! I've never been a huge beach person, but I like to visit now and then. I have no doubt i'd miss the beauty of it if I moved away.

    That dress looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sweetheart, I am so happy for you that you got to enjoy a wonderful time in the beautiful down under:) you look beautiful. Thank you for sharing these pics, was daydreaming as I read your post :) xx Anika

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x