Friday, 18 February 2011

A little Henna LOVE!

Boombands Em,Singapore,Henna

On my recent trip to Australia, I had a day long stop-over in Singapore on the way back to London in order to break up the trip. I actually love traveling, but a gruelling 24 hour journey NEEDS a little break in the middle.

Mr. Darcy and I had a full day in town and I knew where I wanted to go! Last time I was in Singapore it was 2002, I spent a week there and LOVED it. The city is amazing, clean and friendly. I fell in love with Little India and the art of henna body painting, I find it stunning - and this last weekend when we were in Singapore, I told Darcy we could go wherever he wanted, so long as I could leave the country with some body art... It was our first stop!




Boombands Em,Singapore,Henna
Choose your design and sit back as your Henna artist does her amazing work. I was amazed how quick she was! Quick and precise!


Boombands Em,Singapore,Henna
Once completed, you need to leave the henna on your skin to dry for as long as possible - eventually, it will crack and start to peel off naturally...


Boombands Em,Singapore,Henna
As the henna starts to come off, underneath you will see the staining from the henna... I used brown henna which was orangey to start - but darkened overnight...

(Try to never use black henna - it is not made from the same natural elements and can render you allergic to all other dyes (like hair colour) for the rest of your life)...

Boombands Em,Singapore,Henna
Here you see my completed body art, looking great - a whole TWO days later when I was back in London... believe it or not - henna body art can last from a few days up to a MONTH depending on the kind of mixture used and how long you leave the original artwork on your skin...

LOVE LOVE LOVE.


PS - I will post the winner of the Anna Scholz for Simply Be competition on Tuesday! So tune back then! x.

8 comments:

  1. I used to dye my hair with henna for a long time, it was such a mess and quite long process, but you can get a lovely brown to red or copper color. And it doesn't infect your hair in anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get that gorgeous cherry dress? I've been trying to find my perfect cherry-print dress for years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats lovely, you can really see their skill. Its alot nicer than what you see over here

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful work! I didn't know what the process was like and now thanks to you, I do! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, lovelies. Beth, the dress is City Chic. Xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to say that Singapore has henna art when I saw that you were in Singapore! Hello! I am from Singapore!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x