Thursday, 20 January 2011

Paris + Couture = GORGEOUS!


I have posted to you all before how much I LOVE Paris... And I do. All my life, in fact, there has been something about France that has just fascinated me. I learnt french for six years at school and these days while my language skills are rusted, I enjoy reading french language blogs JUST as much as I enjoy English ones.

Photobucket

I was recently in Paris on a Romantic New Years jaunt with Mr. Darcy and on New Years Eve we went into Galeries LaFayette to look at the Christmas Display and take a peak at what fashion in France is up to.


Photobucket
Hello Dior!

Photobucket
A little Marc Jacobs!

The store is pretty amazing. On ground level there is a world of Perfume, Makeup and Accessories and then as soon as you hit Level One you hit fashion. Gorgeous couture labels mixed in with mass marketed style.

Photobucket
Wanna buy some sexy Lingerie?

Photobucket
Love this display from Prada!

Photobucket

Sections of the store are broken into concept areas and as you walk from one little area to another, it really does feel a little like you are moving from shop to shop... some areas are guarded by security and chained off, while others feel absolutely accessible. Prices are mostly very high...

Photobucket
Could you tell this was Dior?

Photobucket
D&G - This was a simple, elegant display in the middle of the floor. LOVE.

Photobucket
D&G accessories!

Now, in fashion, I am not one to look too longingly at the clothing produced by houses like Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent (I think everyone knows my heart belongs to the likes of Anna Scholz when it comes to high end designers) but I do enjoy looking at fashion and seeing trends and styles for inspiration. What I enjoyed about my visit to Galeries Lafayette was wandering about and seeing the lush handbags and gorgeous designs which will be interpreted into our high-street styles. Magic.

Photobucket
Versace elegance!

My outfit peak:

Photobucket

To see more of what I wore for New Years in Paris - Get over to the City Chic blog! xxx.

3 comments:

  1. You are so darned adorable! You have the cutest smile. I also love your blended accent! That polka dot D&G skirt = WANT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your reflection in the window!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful like you exactly match to fashion with your sweet smile and gorgeous look. Well i wish i could go there in paris too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x