Monday, 17 January 2011

Golden Globes 2011 - My Favourites!

Photobucket
Michael Douglas photo-bombs Angelina (in Versace) and wife, Catherine (in Monique L'Hullier) - neither of these dresses were particularly amazing - but this is the funniest Celebrity photo I've seen in a long while!

This is just a flash post to highlight my favourites from the 2011 Golden Globe awards.

Photobucket

Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive. This really surprised me as a choice, but I do love the contrast between the high front, long sleeves, length and ULTRA low back. This is elegant and was a different choice amongst a significant pool of bland this year.

Photobucket

A lot of critics have slammed the rose in the centre of Natalie Portman's Viktor & Rolf dress, but I think she looks lovely and actually really like the overtness of the rose and how it matches her clutch and shoes. This kind of gown and drape is always popular with pregnant awards night attendees and I think Natalie looks luminous.

Photobucket

Wow. I like the colours, drape, split, bow and complete originality in this Marc Jacobs dress, as worn by Heidi Klum.

Photobucket

I have included Helena Bonham-Carter in this Vivienne Westwood dress in mis-matched shoes, last, deliberately. And I am sure some of you will completely disagree with this as a choice for fashion FAVOURITE. The thing I LOVE about this dress, the shoes, the hairstyle and all of Carter's fashion tastes - they are decidedly HER tastes. THIS is actually what so many of us celebrate on our blogs - our individualness, quirkiness and right/desire to be beautiful in our own way. I LOVE that Helena is consistently true to herself... maybe, as some commentators have suggested - her "thing" is being weird... MAYBE. But probably - she just rings true to herself and it's the confidence and comfort she brings with all that, that makes this dress and so many of her others work.

What about you? What were your fashion favourites from the Golden Globes?
Which men caught your eye? What suits were they wearing?

Gosh, I just love this time of year!

xxx.


All photos sourced from SMH.com.au and Guardian.co.uk

5 comments:

  1. I just saw some of the pictures here and there on other blogs, but I must say that Anne Heatherway really looks lovely, just like I adore Helena Bonham-Carter. She always has this mystic but also charming touch to her outfits, just like she is pretty in a not so conventional way!

    But I also likes Amber Riley, she look stunning in this sequin dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how confident Helena Bonham-Carter is to be herself! She's comfortable being zany & I love that!

    I noticed the emerald hue seemed to be quite popular, while I'm not really a fan of green, I loved how well people pulled it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Helena Boham Carter in the dress. It is like seeing Bellatrix Lestrange do fashion! It is whimsical and unusual and fitting on her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hear hear on HBC! I totally agree. Everyone loves SJP when she turns up with a dead bird on her head (SATC the movie for instance) why can't they be the same about HBC?! I love her and her style - I love her "I don't give a FF what you lot think" attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked Olivia Wilde's dress and I loved Catherine Zeta-Jones' dress it reminded me of Scarlet's dress made of curtains in Gone with the wind for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x