Saturday, 6 November 2010

*Make it Sparkle*

City Chic,Rhinestone,LBD,plus-size,dress,black,gorgeous

Oh my gosh lovelies. The end of last month was crazy for me. I told you that I had a chest infection in the middle of October... well, my Mr. Darcy took my chest infection, turned it into Pneumonia and ended up in hospital for over a week! My poor man is in recovery mode, even still!

I had such delightfully grandiose plans for the month... I was due to take all kinds of outfit shots and go to the wrap party for one of my friend's films; Narnia, and none of that worked out at all... So. In the midst of a whole lot of crap, I decided to add some sparkle to my work-days. YUP. I dressed beautifully and went to work because in the the midst of all that chaos, I needed some sparkle.

City Chic,Rhinestone,LBD,plus-size,dress,black,gorgeous

This is the amazing City Chic Rhinestone LBD that looked absolutely stunning on Fluvia last month in Plus Model Magazine... I LOVE this dress. This fits my body snugly without being too clingy. I LOVE the baby cap-sleeves, mesh and rhinestones. This is subtle and sexy and I tell you what, I got a small truck load of compliments when I was wearing it... and frankly, I was in a place where I NEEDED that!

City Chic,Rhinestone,LBD,plus-size,dress,black,gorgeous

What about you? I have had a few gorgeous women send me pictures of themselves in their LBDs... That post, featuring my beautiful reader Curvettes will go up this week, with one lucky lady winning a couple of accessories from City Chic... just for submitting! THEIR CHOICE.

If you want to submit your LBD, get it through to me by Monday at 5pm (GMT) and I will post you here on my blog.

Smooches and Sparkles! Em. xxx.

PS - Apologies to any readers who would have preferred a fuller photo... with Mr. Darcy off sick - one of my work-mates was kind enough to take these photos - next time... promise! xxx.

12 comments:

  1. I hope you & Mr Darcy feel better soon chica!

    I'm not surprised you got lots of compliments, that dress is amazing & you look gorgeous in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress! I'm loving the mesh tops.. I really need to find one for myself. I hope Mr. Darcy feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are not going to take care of your Mr.Darcy we will have to find someone who will. Read the direction, I'm sure it says handle with care and do not pass on chest colds. ;)

    This dress is super sexy on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to read about your health troubles! Poor Mr. Darcy...God knows men don't have our resistance or endurance levels...However, that said, you look stunning in this dress! Love that sexy see-through effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! I hope Mr.Darcy makes a speedy recovery!!

    You look sensational in that dress! I love the shoulder detailing!

    And you'll have my LBD pic by Monday! :D

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! dress is amazing - sorry you have had a but of a bad run:( I hope things get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress is wonderful! It looks sublime on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say dress up every day its so much fun and makes you feel amazing. I hope dressing up for work made you feel a little bit better that day. Its a beautiful dress. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sweetie, I hope you both get well soon! this dress is amazing, and your confidence is so beautiful in it! you are so beautiful :)

    <3 Anika
    http://www.sweetfacedstyle.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @AnikaSweetface

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sparkle, its not to overwhelming and still has enough to catch your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing dress! you look BEAUTIFUL!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just saw this dress somewhere and I love it. I have no where to wear to atm, but I must find one

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x