Thursday, 11 November 2010

LBDs - Ladies... Beautiful and Divine


I love this.

I love that you have become involved. Four gorgeous readers have sent me their photos. Photos of them in LBDs. They are gorgeous. One of the things I love about my blog and the blogs I read are how diverse they are, but how they are mostly always an absolute celebration of women, curves and fashion. I LOVE that readers have sent me images and they represent women from all over the world. There are different curves here and I love that too. Each woman is gorgeous...

You are helping me start something I hope becomes an integral part of my blog, Thank you.



Photobucket


I love the pink tights as a highlight that are totally working with the dress, cardi and shoes (not to mention, the wall!). So gorgeous and perfect. Sophie got this dress for around £80 from Monsoon a few years ago. That's the thing about the LBD... timeless as well as sexy and awesome! x.

LBD - Nicola (Too Many Cupcakes Blog).

Photobucket


I own this dress. I LOVE this dress. Just like myself, Nicola is an Aussie and she wore this ASOS Curve number to a friend's Hen night. I love this look, it is so cute and happy. Nicola talks on her blog about how this dress made her LOOK like a doll. Yeah. A GORGEOUS doll. x.


LBD - Weesha (Weesha's World)

Photobucket

I love that Weesha submitted a pic. Weesha was a strong influence and support as my blog started out and the girl is a total style power house. The thing I LOVE about these two pics is how EASILY Weesha shows that an LBD can be feminine and girly but also completely sultry. Weesha is one person, and in the exact same clothes and accessories, there are two different looks... amazing. x.



Photobucket

This is my winning reader for the month. Valerie, I will email you and give you details, but you should head to City Chic's website and choose a couple of accessories you like the look of, for me to order and send to you.

Valerie sent in this picture, but it was the words that came with the image that really resonated with me. Here is just a little of what she wrote:

"The story of this dress is that it was one of the first dresses I bought myself. Up until about 6 months ago I wore jeans all the time, even in the summers (I live in a desert!). Now I wear shorts and dresses often, but this was one of, if not the first dress I have worn since I was a child. I can wear it with anything. Here I have layered an all-lace shirt from Torrid over it and a large, sparkly necklace..."

I loved this, because it's actually a fairly similar story to myself - I used to only wear jeans. I rarely wear them now. The first dress I bought is still in my wardrobe and I think I will keep it for a long time, because it has had such an influence over my style and fashion in the last few years. I love that Valerie took the leap out of jeans and into dresses... And what a fabulous thing to make that leap in... An LBD.

-----------------------


This reader feature, and my future reader features will always be about celebrating our diversity and fierce senses of style.

I love how different we all are and how something so simple like an LBD can be embraced and worn - differently and beautifully by all of us. My LBD was posted here...

My next reader feature is Your Favourite Layered Look.

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!


xxx.



2 comments:

  1. Yes I do! :D emailing you now :) These ladies are fab, such fun feature this! xx Anika

    ReplyDelete
  2. All ladies look fabulous! It actually makes me want to take out an LBD and wear it right now and sparkle things up!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x