Thursday, 21 October 2010

Hair we go!

Em. x. boombands blog,pretty

This may seem a little strange... but here goes. I am blogging to tell you that I'm going to grow my hair.

Now, I know you may be, like, WHATEVER! But for me, this is a big deal. You see. I never "grow my hair". In fact, the photo above (taken this morning) is as long as I can actually physically stand my hair growing. I have an appointment booked at my hair salon for a week's time... and I am going to go, but just to get some layering done. Usually, I would go and get the back cropped extremely short (in fact up until recently I had a completely asymmetrical look with it sometimes shaved through the back and then curving into a bob at the front) but not this time. I don't know where this desire to change has come from, but for the last 20 years (I am NOT KIDDING) I have had a cropped or layered bob-cut.

I don't even know how to STYLE my hair at longer lengths. AND I hate hair on my neck. BUT... it gets cold in London in Winter. This morning it was MINUS two degrees when I woke up. While scarves and hats are great, I'm thinking an attempt to grow my hair through winter is good timing. I've always had short hair; I'm going to try it long. This is a big deal for me - and I am a true believer that certain things (underwear, accessories, makeup, hairstyle) effect our fashion. I wonder if this will effect mine!

Let's see! xxx.

(Outfit details see me in a City Chic Ruffle Cardigan, Carmakoma 2009 dress and Accesorize necklace. My hair was straightened using my GHD hair irons).

10 comments:

  1. You are brave! I try to grow my hair from time to time - get a couple of months in and get it all chopped off before I begin to tear it out! Good luck ... CX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes but you miss going to the hairdressers when you grow your hair and we have such a good one! Thats why I struggle with growing it. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, minus temps already? You guys must be having a cold autumn. Good luck with the hair growth, I'm actually working on growing my hair long again right now - I chopped it all off because I hated the way it was layered and I wanted it off my neck for the hot weather, but now I want it long again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do grow your hair! I quite like long hair and have found that it keeps me warm at night -no, seriously, it covers my face or my arm (if I'm sleeping with my arm above my head). I think as what many other things, you just get used to having long hair, and it allows you a lot more versatility than short hair (buns, braids, ponytails, free for the wind to caress it -lulz) and it'll be a nice change since you've always had it short, yay for trying different things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think thats awesome. I'm the complete opposite, I am steadily chopping it off...I can't wait to see it to the length you want to get it to. Go Em! Hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I grew my hair a couple years back and absolutely hated it! It looked nice but was so annoying - always grazing my collars, I couldn't stand it! Now I have hair the shortest I think I may have ever had it, and love it loads. I'm sure you'll look lovely with long hair, but I think it says a lot about a woman when she has short hair ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend swears that if you actually have just the ends of your hair cut every 6 weeks it grows faster!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your hair will look lovely longer. Not that it doesn't look cute now! But change is good and hey, it's nice to try different looks. Go for it!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love it Em! Suits your face shape beautifully. V x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this blog. So inspirational. I am also a size 18-20 but usually dress to hide. You inspired me to change that.

    :) I could hug you right now.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x