Thursday, 23 September 2010

Elena Miro - STUNNING in Milan for Spring/Summer 2011

I LOVE Curvy Couture. You all know this. On this blog over the past ten months, I have regularly featured Curvy Couture - I mean, I made the whole of August Anna Scholz month here at Oh, The Places You'll Go! And why? Well, simply - because I LOVE Curvy Fashion.

Now, as some of you have heard, the Elena Miro fashion show - which, for the past five years has OPENED Milan Fashion Week, was this year excluded from the line up of designers on show. I have read about this on blogs (like The Curvy Fashionista), internet news sites and in world news (Sydney Morning Herald).

The show wasn't moved from that opening spot, it simply was not included!

BUT the show went ahead in a kind of, "Off Broadway" style, ANYWAY. Designer, Elena Miroglio (above) showed her collection to a packed house and presented her Spring/Summer 2011 Collection, despite the snub.

And what a beautiful collection it is, harking back to the 50s, when curves and soft round bodies were "de rigueur". The models, as ever, were PLUS-SIZE models - CURVY and STUNNING.

I love the silvers and greys in this collection, my favourite piece being the third one down (go look!!!). Just with some previous Elena Miro collections, I showcase here for you, my favourites from what I have found on various news sites on the web.

Details, structure, subtleties and femininity abounds.

OH HOW I LOVE CURVY COUTURE.

Photobucket

Elena Miro,Spring,Summer,2011,Milan

Elena Miro,Spring,Summer,2011,Milan

Elena Miro,Spring,Summer,2011,Milan

Elena Miro,Spring,Summer,2011,Milan

2 comments:

  1. Stunning! I really need some Haute plus size Couture in my life.
    Thanks for you intelligents blog posts. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I saw this on Yahoo and totally meant to post about it! She had an amazing show even though they totally screwed her. Her quotes about fashion were inspiring too and these ladies look absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x