Saturday, 7 August 2010

Visiting a Fashion Studio...

Anna Scholz,Review,Autumn,Winter,2011,dresses,clothes,plus-size,plussize,curves,curvy

As many of you are aware from my last post, I have declared August - Anna Scholz month here at "Oh, The Places You'll Go!". I have previously wished for MORE when I've seen bloggers visit places and talk to designers - I always want to know more about Monif C, for example - more about the woman, the shop and mostly - the experience. So because I like to be indulged by fashion - to it's complete extreme - I have decided to REALLY share this with you. I also want to clarify quickly, that I was simply invited to look and try the new collection - the choice to do a month long profile is completely my idea - based on a desire to share. x.


Introduction Video from Anna Scholz Studios!

Anna Scholz,Review,Autumn,Winter,2011,dresses,clothes,plus-size,plussize,curves,curvy
Some of the pieces from the new collections I decided to try on (they'll be posted soon!)


Anna Scholz,Review,Autumn,Winter,2011,dresses,clothes,plus-size,plussize,curves,curvy
There were clothes and colours and fabrics EVERYWHERE!!
Anna's studio is in a big warehouse-style building in London and when you walk in - certain things IMMEDIATELY hit you, firstly - FASHION IS EVERYWHERE. EVERYWHERE. There are designs on the walls, fabrics waiting to be sewed, mannequins, sewing machines, dresses and clothing hanging on racks and generally - a feeling of freshness and creativity (mind you, I arrived at about 7pm - in the middle of the day, I bet it is buzzing and probably a lot more frantic).

Anna Scholz,Review,Autumn,Winter,2011,dresses,clothes,plus-size,plussize,curves,curvy
Style boards in Anna's Office

I met a few of the lovely staff and then sat and chatted with Anna herself. It was so clear, on chatting, that Anna is inspired by women, curves and beauty for her fashion. She told me about coming to London in 1990, designing at college, selling straight sizes into the japanese market and then getting her big break when Layne Bryant came to visit in 1996 (her living room served as show room). Another thing that was clear, was that fashion is Anna's passion. Anna isn't someone who half-heartedly came to designing and had success... she has had to work hard and she has deserved to do well.

Anna Scholz,Review,Autumn,Winter,2011,dresses,clothes,plus-size,plussize,curves,curvy
The beautiful Anna Scholz with Frida.


Anna Scholz,Review,Autumn,Winter,2011,dresses,clothes,plus-size,plussize,curves,curvy
This is the rack of clothes Anna Scholz Studios gave me access to try on!

The latest collections I previewed are beautiful. In fact, when you watch the videos I made during the visit - Beautiful is the KEY word. Literally everything I tried on - whether a dress, top or leggins felt like they were made with attention and care. The fabrics are divine... the silks are precious, while the wools are soft and warm... There were obviously items in the collections which were very much my style, but also items that I would unlikely usually try - but in my usual fashion, I have tried a mix of everything - so you can enjoy a real preview. Before we get into the guts of it - I will say that there is nothing I didn't like or understand as something for women with curves. It all made sense for curvy/plus-size and larger bodies. We are in for a treat. ALL MONTH. xxx.



This is a classic black dress and the kind of thing that can easily translate from a day at work - to a friday night drink. I LOVED this. For me, it is the kind of structure that my curves LOVE. Fitted beautifully around the breast and over my hip - which is accentuated by the high waist and tapering to side of the garment. The skirt falls nicely and feels thick enough to hold shape, without being restrictive. As you can see, the sleeves have a little puff and while not long - give a nice look and feel great for coverage. If you have arm worries, this may not be the best piece for you, although - the sleeves aren't too puffy - so you could team this with a cardigan or similar and thereby get your coverage - while still wearing this dress and rocking it's shape.

Anna Scholz,Review,Autumn,Winter,2011,dresses,clothes,plus-size,plussize,curves,curvy

Anna Scholz,Review,Autumn,Winter,2011,dresses,clothes,plus-size,plussize,curves,curvy


More soon. LOTS more soon!

xxx.

PS - I wear a size 20! xxx.



All photos are copyright to Oh, The Places You'll Go and may not be used without permission.
*Disclosure: I am a link partner to Anna Scholz studios, however have received and will receive no compensation (monetary or clothing) from this post. Nor have I previously. Oh. I received an Anna Scholz bear... but I already showed you that. x.

6 comments:

  1. That's such a great opportunity you've had. I am really happy for you. :) I really wish Anna Scholz' line would be more accessible worldwide because her designs are just perfect. I've been a fan since she did a collection with Debenhams a couple of years ago. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em for such a flattering report on your visit. Come by any time :) Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super, hun! I've already started compiling my wish list!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxNat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh lucky you! Did you just ask to go for a visit? How amazing to meet the woman herself! I love the LBD too. Maybe I will save up and invest in a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val - if you ever want me to buy something from SimplyBe or online for you, I can and then we can just sort finance and postage! easy. x.

    Anna - My pleasure, and thank you. x.

    Natalie - I knew you would love this. I have lots more pieces to show and can not wait!

    Monkey - I very rarely approach retailers/designers at all. And on this occasion, I was approached by Anna Scholz Studios directly and invited to go visit! I was gob smacked when I got the email, I mean, what a treat! By the by - when I rocked up, I didn't even know Anna would be there!!! x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress looks great on you! What a fun opportunity this sounds like.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x