Tuesday, 24 August 2010

OOTD: Wedding Blues...

city chic,dress,plus-size,london,wedding,liverpool,uk,review,curvy,fashion,fatshion,plussize

Not the sad kind of BLUES... the STUNNING kind.

(Find the dress HERE!!)
As part of my blogging for City Chic (I'm not quite live on their blog - yet, but soon!), I was sent this gorgeous Ruffle Tiered Beaded Eva Dress...

city chic,dress,plus-size,london,wedding,liverpool,uk,review,curvy,fashion,fatshion,plussize

When this dress came through I was immediately enamored with it's detail. The chiffon layers are light and dreamy, while the beading is elegant but also kind of edgy. Knowing I had a wedding to go to in Liverpool (home of the Beatles, baby!) I knew THIS was the one. My boyfriend was planning to wear a deep blue suit and lighter blue shirt... I kind of felt whimsical and lovely about the fact we could match a little!

city chic,dress,plus-size,london,wedding,liverpool,uk,review,curvy,fashion,fatshion,plussize

The wedding in Liverpool was spectacular. The couple were good friends of my man and had their special day at the gorgeous Palm House in Sefton Park. What an amazing venue! It was a pretty day and inside the conservatory it was warm and beautiful. The palms and flowers were blooming and fragrant and the wedding itself was very English - straight out of Four Weddings... but with a twist. The couple had incorporated tradition with elements of hilarity - which made for a gorgeous and relaxed wedding - there was a lot of laughter and I REALLY enjoyed myself.

My outfit details:
Dress - Courtesy of City Chic
Shall - AdditionElle Canada (but given to me as a gift).
(Incidentally - I always find shalls a little tricky, so, to ensure mine didn't irritate me or move about too much in the day - I strategically pinned it to my bra. Seriously. I am a BIG believer in the power of the SAFETY PIN. NO adjustments necessary - just pin it where you want it. DO IT!!)
Cardigan - Courtesy of City Chic.
Handbag - Gift.
Stockings - Marks and Spencer.
Shoes - Wittner Australia.


xxx.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love this color on you. - J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress I just want to pull it up in the front a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks J! x.

    Thanks B! x.

    Anonymous - Diplomatically - I don't think I quite had the right bra on for the dress - but then, I don't mind how it's sitting either! I felt relaxed and pretty - but like the feedback, thank you! x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress on you! smashing colour, I love strong blue and funnily enough am wearing it today :) hope you had a fab time xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. I love this colour on you and the detail is fabulous.

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dress! That blue is my fave and it looks great on you!

    Lexy of BeautyFash

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LUV this on u. Am luving this colour + think u make the dress look amazing! I can't wait to see moor on that blog!
    The shop's site is down but I'm excited for it to get back online so I can see more of the gear they sell.
    This makes ur figure look AMAZING too. Does the dress sit like that naturally or does it have a back tie?
    Thanx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! Thank you lovelies! I am really flattered with the great feedback. I feel so proud to be able to represent City Chic as well - it is (and has been for about eight years) my most loved brand.

    Anika - I hope you put the "strong blue" look on your site! x.

    Thank you S and Lexy! x.

    Sally - For definite check the site when it is back up - the clothes are amazing! x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is hot, and, like many others have said before me, deep blue looks wonderful on you!
    Devon, xx
    www.fat-nurse.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I JUST BUGHT THIS DRESS ONLINE IN A CITY CHIC SALE FOR SIZE M. I'M USUALLY AN S BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD ON YOU AND THEY DID NOT HAVE THE SIZE SO I BUGHT IT. I HOPE IT ARRIVEZ SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do the safety pin thing too! Hehe, saves fussing over an outfit, if you know everything is going to stay in place.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x