Thursday, 12 August 2010

Divine Feelings.

Anna Scholz,Review,fatshion,fashion,plus-size,plussize,white label,black label,autumn,winter,2011

When the Anna Scholz team invited me into the studio, I didn't know quite how to react. In many ways I wished I could have brought you all in - sat you in a grand stand and played dress up with you all there to share it with me... this will have to do(!!).


In fact - it makes me feel like a woman. Such a nice feeling... some outfits made me feel feminine, others made me feel like a goddess, some made me feel rock chic and even like a funky babe (wait until you see the Digital Print Dress I tried in a later post!)

These items are crafted with care and curves in mind. I have thought a lot about the studio asking me to come in to look at, and try the garments. I am no model. At 5'5", I wear a size 20. I have F-cup breasts and wide hips. I LIKE and APPRECIATE that I was asked in for a look-see. One of the smartest things stores do (Simply Be, City Chic and We love Colours (coming soon) have also done this with me) is ask curvier women to wear and review their clothes - and the Anna Scholz label is no exception. I process my thoughts the same as many of you and look at clothing and outfits in a similar way. I take this seriously - I know you do too.



Anna Scholz,Review,fatshion,fashion,plus-size,plussize,white label,black label,autumn,winter,2011

This feels divine on, and almost feels like it was made specifically for me. This double silk dress is really light and feels almost like it is floating on my skin. I know patterns appeal differently to each person, and I must admit - I usually don't wear much animal print... however, this specific print did appeal to me for the depth of the reds and the seeming subtle nature of the design.

Anna Scholz,Review,fatshion,fashion,plus-size,plussize,white label,black label,autumn,winter,2011

I rekon this dress will appeal to many people. It could be worn a few different ways, the empire waist is a classic for curves, and the sleeves are full (but again, LIGHT). I also love almost any dress with a waist tie at the back, and this is no exception.

Anna Scholz,Review,fatshion,fashion,plus-size,plussize,white label,black label,autumn,winter,2011

I feel so pretty!



Anna Scholz,Review,fatshion,fashion,plus-size,plussize,white label,black label,autumn,winter,2011

Okay, let's remember this is HIGH-END DESIGNER wear. And just as it should, this coat felt warm and comfortable. The thing about this baby - is that it's made of wool - almost entirely (79%) and it fits well.

Anna Scholz,Review,fatshion,fashion,plus-size,plussize,white label,black label,autumn,winter,2011

Being new in the UK, from Australia two years ago - I had no idea about what kind of winter coat to buy or how to buy the right thing. I wanted it to be pretty, unique, feminine - but also - fitted and have the RIGHT arm and body length. This coat has ALL those things. The design points are also amazing - from the waistband to box pleats - I mean, look at the gorgeous button, there, under my neck (above). Fantastic and flattering. If you are a woman umming and ahhing over this one - just put it on - you will be sold - and so will it.

(PS - I wondered how the buttons would do up over my F-cups - and I can tell you it was a smooth fit!).



Anna Scholz,Review,fatshion,fashion,plus-size,plussize,white label,black label,autumn,winter,2011


I rarely wear tops. Yup. I mean it. As someone who almost exclusively wears dresses, I almost never wear tops. When I do, it is usually a part of my fashion uniform - that is a black singlet top over a denim skirt. It is always strange for me to wear tops - let alone, mustard ones.

Anna Scholz,Review,fatshion,fashion,plus-size,plussize,white label,black label,autumn,winter,2011

This top, made from double silk, is soft and light and skims the curve of your body down to the hip. The cap sleeves may not suit everyone (personally, I love 'em) so a light cardi / bolero - or even a sexy business jacket, will work a treat.

That is all for today... BUT there is a little more White Label to come... I haven't even started on the black label yet... but here's a sneak peak!

Anna Scholz,Review,fatshion,fashion,plus-size,plussize,white label,black label,autumn,winter,2011

SMOOCH! xxx.

2 comments:

  1. Im loving all the Anna reviews! .Cant wait to see your other reviews xxxx

    www.myfatbeautylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous. You should totally be their new model. ;) I cannot wait to see the digital print dress as it's the one I have a big crush on.

    I also love the coat but can't really justify buying it since I already have a lot of coats for the Winter, and it's a little out of my price range.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x