Friday, 20 August 2010

Digital Darling breaking all the "Rules"

"Anna Scholz",fatshion,fashion,curves,plussize,plus-size,"body con",dress,"defy rules",boombands,em,woman,gorgeous

Okay - I adore this Anna Scholz print. The fact of the matter is, Curvy Girls do NOT have to adhere to rules. If YOU have guidelines you've made for yourself about what feels good on your body, how to dress and what makes you feel confident - that is fine, and probably quite normal... however, if you buy into body shaming pressure and think - "well, I'm not supposed to wear prints, or colours, or body con..." because of magazines, some idiot on TV or something else... THINK AGAIN.



You KNOW I am a size 20. Now, when I organised to go in and see the Anna Scholz collection - they knew that too. Most of what I had to try on was a size 20. Some garments were a size 18. THIS is a size 18. This digital print jersey dress, with it's loud print and body-hugging cut is a size smaller than what I wear - and I STILL could not resist it. BAH! To "Fashion Rules".

This is COMPLETELY SLAMMING.

"Anna Scholz",fatshion,fashion,curves,plussize,plus-size,"body con",dress,"defy rules",boombands,em,woman,gorgeous

The dress has an asymmetrical neckline which extends (as a line) down the body and then has pleats which gather into either side of this line. This creates a line INWARDS, so while being a body hugging print dress - it actually has an effect that draws the eye and seems elongating in nature - THIS dress seems to DEFY all those daft rules I dislike so much! Not only is this funky and vibrant - but it is COMFORTABLE too.

I adore this. This is an EMPOWERING dress to wear and I tell you, if you buy it - you WILL feel like you can conquer the city.

Flipping AMAZING.

"Anna Scholz",fatshion,fashion,curves,plussize,plus-size,"body con",dress,"defy rules",boombands,em,woman,gorgeous



*Please note the photos and text are all copyright to the author of this blog.

6 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to have to buy this dress. I love a strong print.

    You look great in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! That dress is AMAZING! I love the colours in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - that dress is incredible and you look absolutely killer in it! The only rule that applies to you in that dress is that you will definitely turn heads and get notices - in the best possible way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and I think I must have it! Looking good Em!
    xoxo
    Stiletto

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhhhh I WANT THIS. I WANT THIS NOW!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x