Wednesday, 7 July 2010

Measure me up...

myer,review,plussize,plus-size,fashion,fatshion

I am a size 18-20. I enjoy being this size. I have a KILLER wardrobe, that I LOVE. My tag line - "I have GREAT curves and I KNOW how to wear them" - is based around finding my style, truly embracing my curves and then going for it!

Recently, when talking with online retailer, SimplyBe about reviewing their clothes, I decided to re-take my measurements to double check and ensure my size was right. I had lost 1-2 inches off my boobs (2 inches), hips and waist (1 inch each). My FIRST thought was, "Well, that CAN'T be right". So I checked 17 more times. Seriously. And then I was confused. And conflicted.

I am a fat girl who lives a pretty healthy lifestyle. I exercise regularly and eat very healthy foods. Sometimes, but not too often, I drink beer or red wine or coke. I LOVE them. My true vice is caffeine. I am comfortable in my skin and with my size and I am happy. I don't own scales, which is also a GREAT choice... but losing a couple of inches confused me. I don't mind and I know it's probably just my body shape changing a little (I seem to have already found my natural weight a few years go), but this didn't feel like a great thing and to be honest, it made me worry that my clothes may not fit the same. I have been the same weight and shape for a many years now and I like it here. I wonder what may happen next. Hopefully my body will settle with it's inch changing and I will stay in the same size range... because I really do mean it - I LIKE it here.

myer,review,plussize,plus-size,fashion,fatshion

This is one of my favourite dresses - I wore it on Saturday in the London sun and it made me happy. It is a little bit looser in the bust and waist, but still smashing. This dress has been a love of mine for a very long time and is one of the few pieces I own which predominantly features white.

myer,review,plussize,plus-size,fashion,fatshion

It is made from Sateen, came with a thin belt and also has lovely thick straps. I love my Paparazzi glasses too - purchased in LA - and I think they work perfectly with this outfit...

myer,review,plussize,plus-size,fashion,fatshion


I don't wish I was thinner. I only ever want to feel healthy and happy with myself. I feel that way now. But this loss of inches has thrown a little spanner in the works. Time for some reflection maybe as I wait to see if my body settles.

Fingers Crossed... because seriously, I LOVE my clothes, look, self and BODY - just as they are.

Thanks for reading.

Smooch - Em. x.

9 comments:

  1. A few inches is actually annoying because clothes that fit perfect, don't any more around certain areas. But you're gorgeous no matter what and if it's a permanent change, you'll just have to buy more lovely clothes that fit perfect won't you? not so bad hehe :) You look so pretty, the dress has an amazing print!

    p.s left an award for you on my blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. our bodies work in mysterious ways :P
    you look stunning in that dress though! :)
    Hugs<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel, I recently lost a few inches around my bust and had to go down a cup size because none of my bras were fitting right and I didn't understand why and it was a worry. But I've decided I'll just continue to try and take the best care of my body that I can and assume my body knows what it's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! I am the same as you - a big girl who works out and eats very healthy..do you ever get people who are genuinely shocked you don't sit on your bum all day eating junk food? Happens me a lot..that bothers me but not as much as it used to. I hate that everyone thinks fat=lazy, no it does not! I have to say though, you carry your weight SO well. I can't believe you are a size 18-20! You have a great body. xo

    http://www.pearlslaceandruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking gorge! i have realized that with peace of mind comes good health. anything else is temporary. you look great btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had the problem of losing weight to. I needed to, for my health, and after the blood tests came back, my doctor told me she's never seen me healthier, but it's still strange. I've lost around 8kg and dropped one & a little dress size. I love who I am, its strange to have lost weight, I feel better because of it, and it's helped my health problems, but it's something I need to get used to. I'd been the same weight for around 6 years. Most of my clothes no longer fit right!

    You look great though! As always! You have a beautiful smile and that dress is super pretty! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean too, I know just how everything fits and love my current wardrobe(if I shrunk I would have to buy new clothes which would be a disaster!). In fact my blog is named after my measurements!

    http://52-46-54.blogspot.com/

    wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey loves -

    I just wanted to write and say thank you for your support. I actually felt really conflicted about this post, as I was not sure how people would take me WORRYING about Inch Loss. I find it heartening to know that others have faced or are also facing the same issues.

    Thank you and smooches. xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post. Love it. I love your confidence and honesty and you look freaking adorable in that dress. As someone who recently gained a little weight and is having a bit of a freakout over it- I really needed to read something like this (instead of the yahoo homepage which seems to be the new diet network_

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x