Monday, 19 July 2010

Fashion Flashback: Fiji

Photobucket

So, I have been craving the ocean lately. When I grew up, I was never one to go to the sea much. My family, like many in Adelaide, had a swimming pool, which was our best way to combat the seriously debilitating, dry heat. At 14, I got caught in a rip which scared the living daylights out of me and I didn't swim in the ocean again. Until 13 years later. I wanted an island holiday. Ludicrously, I was afraid of the ocean and I wanted to go on an island holiday...

I wanted blue ocean, simplicity, beautiful culture and freedom. I decided to island hop Fiji.

Photobucket

Such a fun time and a great idea. For the first time in years, I basked in the ocean. It was clear blue, full of fish, sting rays, starfish and everything else - and I loved it. I am not sure what it was exactly that made me face and embrace a fear, but it was well worth it.

Photobucket

So here I am: longer hair and ocean kissed. Fiji Flashback circa 2007. xxx.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Wow it is so beautiful, I want to be there right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, talk about gorgeous! I mean you and Fiji :) I like your hair with the curls btw, super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiji, oh my goodness! I would love to go there someday.

    http://bargainfatshionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love your hair, its so curly and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that looks abs. beautiful!! :D love the ocean and the beach Fiji looks like an amazing place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell me about it! Im craving the ocean too Em. I don't think I've been in the ocean for over a year! I'm going to Greece in September, can't wait. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just went to the beach last week - felt like I was in HEAVEN! I just did a Vintage me post, too - but Stockholm. Not as pretty. LOL

    - S

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x