Wednesday, 28 July 2010

End of July Evans Review!

Evans,Review,Dress,London,plussize,plus-size,curvy,curves,fat

A few of you have noticed recently that I have cut down a little on the number of posts I am doing. Yes. I am currently on a film that is seeing me work some long hours, but I haven't forgotten you. I am reading blogs every day and also keeping thoughts chugging along about what I can show you next... I bought an Anna Scholz dress on Monday (that arrived Tuesday - whoa for AMAZING delivery), which is STUNNING and will feature here soon. Also, I have some ASOS Curve items coming and am also tempted by Carmakoma and Simply Be right now. GOTTA LOVE SALES.

This post is one of my Evans reviews. The first pic (above), is what I wore shopping on Monday and is actually a very good representation of my style. You all know I LOVE colour too, but you can see my structured look, emphasis on curve and a little leg. I love a little leg. Before anyone suggests I use an iron - I will say that it was a crazy humid day and every time I sat down on the tube my dress crinkled up. This is my sexy crinkled humid look...

The bolero and tights are City Chic, the dress is Carmakoma.

Smooch!

EVANS REVIEWED


Evans,Review,Dress,London,plussize,plus-size,curvy,curves,fat

This is an online exclusive (which are always available at Marble Arch). This is the first dress I tried on and easily my favourite. You can see my black bra poking through a little, but effectively, this is a really stylish, comfortable, light dress with a slight plunge in the neckline, a rouched waist and flowing skirt. I am not wearing any shape-wear and you can see that there is no issue with tummy bulge in this little number. I would NEVER usually go for animal print - but this is great and I think it wears really well.


Evans,plus-size,plussize,curves,curvy,fat,review,dress,woman,top,tunic

This is a longline tunic that, as per my usual trick with Evans, I sized down in. I liked this because of the sleeves... it feels like there are so many options without sleeves at the moment and I kind of liked that this one had some extra coverage. This was an exceedingly light top which is great for hotter days and it sits nicely on my curve. I have issues with the placement of the design on this top. The eyes... You see, if I am sitting down, those eyes are going to get swallowed under my breasts a little too much. I wish the design was a smidge higher as I think that would have been more practical. As you can see from the closer shot of this top, there are small diamante details across the design. This is a great, light top (both fabric and colour) for warmer days.


Evans,Review,Dress,London,plussize,plus-size,curvy,curves,fat

LOVE. Maybe it's my old goth fashion instincts, or maybe this is just a hot top, but I LOVED this. This is light to wear and a bit see-through without being overt... I also LOVE the stud detail across the collar. This falls nicely and although I (again) had to down-size, fits well!


Ack. I hate to say it, but I had so many more hopes for this dress. This IS a beautiful garment and IS made with delicious silk... BUT - at £150, I don't feel this is "worth" it. The comfort level on this dress is not as high as it should be and it doesn't feel lovely once you get it on. I actually felt a little like a Gypsy Matron. You can see that it looks pretty on me, but it FELT awkward. The waist area was tight by comparison to Evans other sizings (I am in my usual size 20 here) and although it LOOKS like it was made for my body/shape - it didn't feel that way. This really is a garment you need to try because otherwise, at £150 a pop - you may feel disappointed. I would love to hear from other women who have tried, bought and loved this garment?

Evans,Review,Dress,London,plussize,plus-size,curvy,curves,fat

Even with the ruffle from my Carmakoma dress underneath - this cardigan looks AMAZING. I was skeptical at first, but really like it. I rarely wear cardigans done up completely, so this is shown to you as I would wear it... Cute and feminine and subtle and sexy.

Evans,plus-size,plussize,curves,curvy,fat,review,dress,woman,top,tunic

This actually struck me when I saw it, as being a little different to what I am used to from Evans. It is comfortable, light and feminine. While I'd prefer a smaller size - you can see that this fits my form well - AND it follows the current popular Parisian theme. It would look better with different leggings (my lace once are not right, at all!) or some jeans - Easy!


Sequins, frills, a little pink and a flattering shape. There is just one word to say - LOVE.


Thanks for reading. xxx.

11 comments:

  1. i like everything but I really love that last top. Not sure about the Jolie dress on you either. It seems to fit well but there is something off. :(

    http://blogtobealive.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the animal print dress it looks really good on you :D


    http://appleinlondon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The burnout skull vest is fab! I lovee it. I realise they're not my style but the price of the Jolie Julie dresses is ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the in depth review! The first look is my favorite outfit, but that cardigan is so fabulous. You know I'm a sucker for anything girly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything looks really nice on your, love the dresses the most! pretty pretty pretty!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the ruffle cardigan, it is so cute and has a lovely color. & the skull top is hot,too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've had my eye on that skull burnout tee since it went up! i want to buy it oversize so i can wear it as a really long shirt/short dress, sheer tights and combat boots.

    the cardigan is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh the animal print dress is lovely. not sure i could pull off that pale colour though.

    thanks for the thorough review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah I would have to agree with you on the Jolie Julie dress, I tried on the grey full length one and It was not nice, it didn't feel right and the lining ended mid calf, which is silly for a £150 quid dress! Plus the grey was not flattering! Bought the paisley maxi (the one on the profile pic on the facebook group), its lovely and the perfect flattering cut.
    The frill cardigan is nice but would love to see it in a different colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Em,

    Great review of Evans things here. I have never really shopped there but recently was tempted back by the Jolie dresses. I bought the long grey one and the peach one you tried on here and actually really love them both. It was interesting that they got loads of bad press, and they are very expensive, but I had loads of great comments wering the peach one last week. Also, it says on the labels they are dry clean only but I have washed them on delicates and they have been fine. I have also just got this animal print dress and am waiting for it too arrive. I was actually lucky enough to get to the final of the Simply Be modelling competition recently and am thinking of wearign that dress for the final next week with a petticoat for extra 'flounce factor'. They were all in the sale though (got the three for under £100 by using the -20% voucher code!)
    Anyway, I love your posts and keep it up! The blue dress you wore for the wedding looked so beautiful! Jess x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x