Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Simply Beautiful Tribal Prints...




As mentioned in my last post, Simply Be sent me three dresses to review... You have already seen the African Beat Floral Maxi Dress in a post, earlier this week. This is the second dress. x.

Now, my usual photographer, Mr Darcy, was not available to help me in the last couple of days - so I got a bit creative with the mirror (well, I did a standard reflection shot) and then remembered:

I own a tripod! THANK GOODNESS!


Simply Be,Review,Plussize,Plus-size,Dress,Dresses


This is a great dress... I might re-hash a couple of things from the video element of this post, but effectively, the dress consists of two parts, I nice form-fitting slip as well as the dress element which is a really light, sheer, georgette fabric. I love that these two pieces are separate as it means I can use the slip with other clothes or even find a lower cut slip to wear with the dress. Also, the slip ends BEFORE the dress does, meaning that your hem line is a little sultry and sheer.

Simply Be,Review,Plussize,Plus-size,Dress,Dresses

As mentioned in the intro video, I wore this dress on two separate days - today being quite wintry and then also, earlier in the week when the sun was shining. It is light - which means perfect for summer OR easy to layer on an overcast Wednesday. Now, this dress has elesticised sheering under the bust, meaning your waist is cinched in at the empire line - I wore the belt as that's my personal preference - you could easily wear it without one.

The neckline was a bit different for me. It is actually very rare for me to wear such a deep v-neck but then also have a slip, peep through. I know this is a very popular look and I like it, but I am going to need to get used to it.

The garment quality is excellent and the dress is available in sizes 12-32 (although the 26 has sold out). I am wearing a 20 and at 5'5", the dress stops right below my knee.

The dresses I chose to review from Simply Be are all dresses I liked the look of, but are a little removed from my regular purchases. This is good for me as it makes me branch out, but it also makes me look more critically at the garment - as it is something I don't usually see myself in. I liked seeing myself in this dress... if that makes sense!


Simply Be,Review,Dress,Plussize,Plus-Size

My final dress might wait for the sunshine again, it is Anna Scholz - and it will be FABULOUS.

All images and text remain the copyright of the author.

12 comments:

  1. I love the dress, that is such a pretty print! You look beautiful as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i love the video intro bits, so jealous of your accent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so great to hear your voice! Its always a strange but cool thing to hear the voice of fellow bloggers/friends, lol. Anyway, the pattern on that dress is so cool. I'm exciting that Simply Be will finally be shipping to the US this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds think alike huh? I just did a post on tribal prints this morning! They are so cool aren't they?

    www.southernfriedfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so super excited for Simply Be to come here!! And I love that tribal print dress!! Looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing in this dress bb! I love your accent too :D I've never bought anything from Simply Be, I'm tempted to though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and chic dress! REALLY great review, and oh my gosh, I love your accent!! (*^_^*)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fabulous! I really hope they'll start shipping to Belgium soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great dress and love the hair, looks fresh!
    Looking forward to the Anna Sholtz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah! Thanks lovelies - I am so impressed with the dresses thus far and can not wait to show the Anna Scholz.

    I might incorporate little intros into posts a bit regularly - it feels really personal. xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dress looks like it was made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love. I'm loving the little video intros. You're looking fantastic. I must admit I have been staying away from clothes shopping purely because I'm saving my money for that little adventure we discussed - but I'm soooo tempted. Stop tempting me Em!!!
    You're a lovely ambassador for the range.
    Huge hugs,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x