Monday, 24 May 2010

Simply Beautiful Summer Maxi


Simply Be is an amazing store and something I have found since arriving in the UK from Australia - it has some of the most beautiful, flattering and colourful dresses - and some designers (ah, hello - Anna Scholz and Joe Browns!) on board to boot. I am also excited by the arrival of new designs by Ruby Rocks - my favorite dress sold out in my size before I even managed to THINK about buying it.

Something else exciting? Simply Be is set to launch in the USA sometime in the Summer... making this store even more accessible.

The blog-o-sphere was abuzz last week with the amazing NEW collections out from Simply Be. Christina, of Musings of a Fatshionista did an amazing round up of those collections aptly titled AFRICAN BEAT and HOT TROPIC... Simply Be have sent me the gorgeous African Beat Floral Maxi dress to review - SPOILER ALERT: I LOVE IT!

SimplyBe,Review,Simply Be,Floral Maxi,Dress
Basking in the London Sunshine on my way to St. James' Park...

These last few days have seen gorgeous sunshine in London and what better way to enjoy it than in one of the city's gorgeous parks. St James' Park is right in the heart of the city and one of my favourite places.

SimplyBe,Review,Simply Be,Floral Maxi,Dress

This dress is amazing. It is made of a Jersey fabric making it just so soft and it feels perfect to wear. This is my first ever Maxi Dress - I felt sexy, summery and breezy. The cut of the dress is extremely flattering with a high empire line, back-ties and a drape the compliments curve - it doesn't hug the body - it kind of glides over it.

SimplyBe,Review,Simply Be,Floral Maxi,Dress

Another thing I like about this dress is that it has a high usability factor. I could happily wear this for a walk along Bondi Beach in Sydney (or indeed for a Summery long weekend in Spain) just as easily as it could be worn out to a nice dinner.

I really liked this dress when I saw it on the site (the pinks just grabbed me), but was even more excited to put it on and wear it after it arrived. If you go for this dress, - you will need to think about bra choice. I wore a plunge bra, but it could easily be worn with something a little more conservative too... certainly my "girls" saw some sun.

Now ladies, this dress is selling FAST - still (mostly) available in sizes 12-32 - if you want it, go and get it...

SimplyBe,Review,Simply Be,Floral Maxi,Dress


PS - For those who want the stats - I wear a size 20 and the size was TRUE! Also - I am 5'5" and the Maxi was a great length for me.

PPS - Simply Be sent me two other dresses to review - so you'll see those soon too. Yeah! x.



All images and text remain the copyright of the author.

17 comments:

  1. pretty dress! i love maxi dresses they are so comfy to wear plus like you said they are easy to dress up or dress down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait till they start the US shipping. I keep looking around at the site going "I want this" or "I need this" but not being able to buy yet.

    The dress looks great on you by the way.

    :D Maxi dresses are awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning! The dress really is gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sent that dress too but its wayyyyyyyy to short for me ;-( looks great on you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL! You are so stunning Em! This dress is cute too I love it and can't wait for the US Shipping!
    Xoxo
    Stiletto

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous dress on you. It is a beautiful print and it fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh! You look amazing! The dress was made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU ARE SO PRETTY. I have to say not many size 20s suit the size but you wear it so well that noone would know your size - plus you have AMAZING cheek bones (jealousy here) and suit pinks to a tee! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! cant wait for the other ones! want to see more :) you look lovely, this dress looks so nice and flattering on you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey ladies - thank you for such great comments, I think it is just one of those amazing dresses though and that the fabric makes it drape really nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great great great dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh em! u are so adorable and i am in love with this dress ... and ure accent too! ;-) great review and ill definitely check-out simply be! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. um, gorgeous! i don't even really like floral prints but this is perfection on you! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty girl!!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x