Saturday, 8 May 2010

Curves IN Curve.

Asos Curve Review

Like many other Fatshionistas, recently I've jumped online and checked the sale/clearance section of ASOS Curve. It's great to see so many pictures of curvy women wearing Curve popping up online - just as it should be worn. I can't write about the brand without throwing a shout-out to Devon over at Fat-Nurse who remains my Curve-o-meter for all things ASOS - and also to Vanessa Reece, the awesome ASOS Curve Fit-Model who posts regularly about what it's like inside ASOS HQ.

I bought a couple of things in the ASOS Curve Clearance bin - this is the Ruched Bust Jersey Dress - £12.00.

Asos Curve Review

Being a jersey material, this is an extremely comfortable dress... I'm inclined to team it with a belt for future outings (just to cinch it in a bit), but it does fall nicely without one. I found I had to play with the ruched section across the breast before I was satisfied it was sitting correctly, but, am happy to report - the fit was true.

Asos Curve Review

As you can see, I teamed the dress with a full-black look (leggings and boots), but added red highlights to my lips, nails and feature handbag. YUP - That's my favourite Mac Ruby Woo lipstick again!

Asos Curve Review

Many of you have read my opinions on the ASOS Curve model choices (here and here), but that's never taken away from the fact that the clothes are pretty fabulous (and dare I say it - they look even better on the people they were made for too! Check out more fashionistas wearing Curve in the I Love ASOS Curve Club). It's clear that the designers of the Curve range are really loving their work, just as much as many of us are loving their clothes.

Asos Curve Review

Smooch. Em. x.


All images are owned by the author of this post.

15 comments:

  1. The dress looks amazing on you, hugging all your curves beautifully.

    http://thepaleandpallorprincess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd look good in a paper bag Em to be honest, such a beauty and love the lipstick. The dress looks fantastic on you. Thanks for the shoutout and posting your picture of this on the facebook group! V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous <3 I LOVE the bag and the lipstick too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dress looks great on you. I thought about ordering that dress to. I was worried it would add more volume to the bust area. I already have enough there! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you lovelies -

    Cid - I have really large breasts too and the dress felt a little firm in that area to start, but the material relaxed okay... also, I think the ruching works to reduce breast emphasis a little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot lips! thought for a sec you were wearing Lady Danger, loving the ruby too though x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! you look stunning in that dress! NICE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress was made for you dahling! You look amazing!
    Xoxo
    Stiletto

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love the dress on you, and I would so love to look as good with red lips as you do! Hot! Hope you`re having a good weekend :)

    xoxo Anika
    sweetfacedstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the red lip with the classic black - sophisticated yet a little sassy too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the above comments speak for themselves! :o) Wow! You look HOT! Promote your stylist! Wishy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey lovelies - Thank you again for all these really positive comments. I love the dress - so it is great to know it works well. I recommend it! x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look simply gorgeous!
    Thanks for that photos, I would've never thought that the dress actually would look this pretty. (on the Asos page it looks rather boring) But now I had to order it. :D

    Alexandra from Germany

    Btw I love your pics from the Evans fitting room! (Ok not the one with the Paris shirt I ordered and which got lost in the mail and is now out of stock, but that's another story... ;))

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x