Tuesday, 4 May 2010


I covet a lot. I look at so many beautiful things and think - "I want, I want, I want..." BUT - I am also a notorious window shopper. The kind of person who looks in the window and tries on the items and then AGONIZES about whether to buy. If I am honest, I actually take a kind of sick pleasure in all this. I love coveting the items and knowing - one day they will be mine. Probably. I like the absolute satisfaction I get when I finally make the purchase.

Now... that being said, I impulse shop too - like you wouldn't believe. The amount of stuff I return is AMAZING... BUT - for something I love, something I ADORE, even - I will most often covet before I buy, often for weeks. This is a ritual I adore.

I currently covet:

And the thing is I KNOW that none of it really quite matches - but I have dreamed up this combination in my head and am now fascinated by it... no, I COVET & LOVE it.

The other two items currently on my "COVET & LOVE" list are for a particular occasion. I have a wedding to attend in June and I want something unique and beautiful for Summer in the UK. I have turned to Australia to help with the dress, and combined it with a head piece currently on sale here in London (speaking of head-wear, if you love hats and fascinators, once you're done here - get over to FATSHIONABLE for her GREAT post on them). Fascinators are particularly hot items in the UK at the moment and I am in love with them. In fact, I have a bunch of photos of me in different head-wear to get up on this blog at some stage... I can not resist trying on fascinators and fashion headbands. I can not resist AT ALL.

Mini-rant aside, for a Summer wedding in the UK - a Fascinator is a beautiful little accessory you can throw into the mix for a little extra "wow factor" for your outfit.


What do you think...? This outfit reminds me a little of days out to the Races... but what about for a wedding? I would LOVE input on this please? I rekon with a little satin bolero, satin black clutch and baby heels it could be killer... thoughts?

Smooch. x.


  1. OH, I love your taste. Great picks! Espeically the dress outfit for the wedding.

  2. I am so glad you did a post on this. I covert and love all the time - often it's for 6 months to a year hahaha. It's like building a relationship with an outfit or item and then you marry it. HA! V x

  3. I'm feeling ya, I'm the exact same way sometimes! :)

  4. I have been aching for the hawaiian print ASOS Curve dress for weeks too! I must have it.


Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x