Sunday, 21 March 2010

The Carrie Bradshaw Diaries.


As we all know and many of us are anticipating, the film, Sex and the City 2, will be released at the end of May... did you know that before that, on April 27th, a new book by Sex and The City author, Candace Bushnell will be released?

"The Carrie Diaries" will follow the life of Miss Carrie Bradshaw through her senior year of high school. The Amazon product description says, "Before Sex and the City, Carrie Bradshaw was a small town girl who knew she wanted more. She's ready for real life to start, but first she must navigate her senior year of high school. Up until now, Carrie and her friends have been inseparable. Then Sebastian Kydd comes into the picture, and a friend's betrayal makes her question everything. With an unforgettable cast of characters, The Carrie Diaries is the story of how a regular girl learns to think for herself, and evolves into a sharp, insightful writer. Readers will learn about her family background, how she found her writing voice, and the indelible impression her early friendships and relationships left on her. Through adventures both audacious and poignant, we'll see what brings Carrie to her beloved New York City, where her new life begins."

Like many people, I love The Sex and the City series but I'm not sure I'll love a book dealing with the angst from Carrie's teen years. I like her adult angst! I just finished Bushnell's last book, One Fifth Avenue, which I loved. In fact, I have read all of Bushnell's books and loved them all. No doubt, this one will be great too - but really, maybe I'm just ranting because I wish May would hurry up, so I can see what Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha are up to now, and of course, see what they're wearing!!!

2 comments:

  1. if i had money like them, i'd be so rolling like them. i love their style!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to see the 80's flashback scenes as well, for the fashion as well as the storylines on how the girls met.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x